Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got a stock dak with just the K&N drop in filter. Looking for a better exhaust but don’t have much $ at the moment. I am not like most people here. I don’t want anything real loud just smothering that will let people know that there really is a V8 under the hood. Maybe just something I can just put in place of the stock (it’s got a hole in it)
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My suggestion is to go with either the Magnaflow muffler or the Flowmaster 70 series. Don't get a 40 original... they are loud as hell. Next paycheck i am getting a magnaflow put on mine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok the flomaster 70 looks good not to costly i have 2 more questions.
1. where is a cheep place to get it? just any parts place or someware online.

2. what one to i want for my 4.7? to fit in with stock pipes? as far as size i think it's 2.5 right? but i see that there are different outlets, center left or right.

I just plan on installing it myself. the more info i have the better.
Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay here is what i plan to do too mine. Get a magnaflow with a 3" in/out single outlet both centered. Cut the old cat off (3rd one) and run a straight pipe to the muff then out the back. Single pipe set up. You really don't need anything more unless you plan too put some serious horsepower on it. Most consider a single 3" good for up to 600 hp motors. Plus the single pipe setup will be cheaper. TruckTrenz has the cheapest price for Magnaflow mufflers. Ill have to look when i get home and tell you the cheapest place for the Flows. But you can do a search on the net (dogpile) and find prices that way.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sundragon,
I bought my Flowmaster 70 series off of ebay for $50.00. It is a 3" single in/dual 2 1/2" out. I took the muffler to a local shop and they installed it and ran duals out to the rear bumper. Its not obnoxiously loud but you know its there. The 3rd cat is gone also.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you need a sim box to remove the 3rd cat? or is that just for removing 1 & 2? I think that is not a bad idea just have a shop do it.
THanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, you don't need a simm box if you are only cutting the 3rd cat off. Just don't touch the pre-cats. i recommend having a shop do it. Ive got a guy here that will do mine for $60 in labor. Plus $80 for the muff and extra pipe. get out cheaper than a aftermarket cat back system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts