Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: i bought some xenon H7 bulbs for the headlights but i can't seem to get the stock bulbs out. how do i get them out? any help would be greatly appreciated....thanx

·
Registered
86 Posts
first off, durango/dakota use 9007 bulbs (unless there is something wrong with yours)

anyways... its kinda simple... you turn the plastic thing and then, pull the light out! thats it

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
:huh: wtf anyway. you have 9007's bro. just disconnect the bulb socket and twist the plastic jobbie.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I will repeat what rock said, wrong bulb dude in the first place. You need 9007! It is much easier if you take the whole head light assembly out. Once you have removed the light twist the plastic nut to the right about a 1/4 turn. The bulb should put right out from the light. Then unhook the bulb from the wire. Install new 9007 bulb. Repeat above steps in reverse. Good Luck!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shit i guess i ordered the wrong bulbs then...i'll go order some 9007's...i started taking out the headlight assembly and couldn't get the bulbs out so i started putting the headlights back on and now the driver side light won't go back in the one screw is stripped or something...anywayz if i have anymore problems i'll ask you guys...thanx for all the help

·
Registered
388 Posts
aww dang it ur gonna wanna kill me, but i just sold TWO pairs of 9007 size bulbs for 10 dollars today...i had em in my garage forever and forgot about em but some guy asked about em and i sold em...wished id checked on here first...really sorry :hammer:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's cool man...i got 3 of these 9007's for 8 bucks from j.c.whitney...they had some deal going on for bulbs and i had a 20 dollar gift certificate laying around :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts