Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a basic plan figured out but need some help

I am gunna do leaf springs up front. But I dont know were to buy them? And how to "measure" them height wise... how big am I gunna need to go for 37 inch tires?

And for axles I figure a dana 44 up front would be strong enough... or maybe to strong any recomendations for what front axle to use? And should I keep my rear axle? Or upgrade it too.

And I honestly have no idea how 4wd works... just cause I put a solid axle up front doesnt mean ill have 4wd so what do I need. A transfer case? drive shaft?

I just need some basic help here guys. And my 5.2 motor has about 106k on it Ill swap it after high school but thats for summer time.

And does my transmission need to be changed? Id like to convert it to a manual and have 4x4 thats really ideal.

anyway if you can throw some info to my way please do!

·
R/T ON 44's
590 Posts
If you want some ideas or some info on what you need to do.their are alot of sas threads on here.you just have to search for them man.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its all good that thread was old I joined customdakotas.com and never came back to hear other than to answer your reply im bout to lower my truck now actually lol but thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts