Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SilverDakota03
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well im in the process of building a sub box for 3 10''s....i currently have 2 memphis m1 10''s and a california 1000 watt amp. So what size amp am i going to need to run 3 10''s? And preferable im looking for 1 more memphis m1 10''....any ideas on where to find one???? Do i need any special head unit??? Mine works fine now but is it able to run my new setup? Thanks alot for all the help!!!!!:wave::wave::wave:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Your head unit does not need to be replaced.For the amp.It depends on the needs of the subs.The wiring of the subs(series or parallel).The ohm rating of the subs.Single or dual voice coil.

·
SilverDakota03
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the wiring of the subs is series....the ohm rating- 4ohm.....and they are single or dual voice coils. My amp is a California 1000watt 2 channel power amplifier. So do you have any more info on what i need to do?

·
Registered
609 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
California 1000 watter amp's are a little bit on the cheap side. That 1000 watt rating is just that. 1000 watt's peak so really that amp is only really doing about 500 watt's RMS. I don't know much about those sub's though. Never been a Memphis fan but Memphis is a good company.

I would plan on upgrading your amp to something a little more high end with more wattage. Hifonic's make's affordable amp's that do their rated power. BXi1210D. [email protected] If you series 3 4ohm load's you get a 1.33 ohm load, You won't see the full 1200 watt's but your sub's will not be under powered as badly either. Looking at about 900-1000 watt's at 1.33 ohm from the BXi1210D and the amp sell's for $230ish on ebay all the time.

Just some thought's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.