Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my Mofo 12" for 4 Power Acoustik 10"s in a box. But my amp messed up 3 of the 4 10"s. (it's a pos Optimus Amp). ANYWAY, what speakers provides the best bass for 1^3ft(A cubic foot) of air per speaker? I was going to buy 4 new ones and a new amp. I'm putting it in my dakota as a temporary system. I planned out the 4 12"s I'm going to put in my dakota(scrapped ideas on the durango and am going to sell it) I guess I'm more of a truck guy anyway. I was thinking about $200-300 for all 4 subs at the most. So whatever can give me the best sound in that box (sealed) would be great. Also, need an amp.. I'm going to blow mine up. lol. Unless you want it? It's a 260w Optimus, 4ch. NOT 2ohm stable evidently lol. only 3 ch. work now, I dunno. It's messed up. Maybe you (98) can cut me some kind of deal if I give it to you? ;) lol. It's easy to fix(from what I'm told) I just don't feel like messing with it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, for the first time, I haven't had a reply in 24 hours... this has to be a new record or something ;)

I'm going to draw out my plans for my dak, and scan them on here, I want you guys to tell me what you think of them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would actually use the same setup that i am suggesting for DaMAK5. It will be hard to get something to play good higher levels without distortion in that small of a box. I would take the space you have and put it toward 3 12s that would sound good. I would go with 3 of these:

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=ALUM12Q

With this amp, which will be going down to $299.99 this weekend i believe.

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A2150HCQ

If your heart is set on 4 12s, I would not go any cheaper then these:

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=AW1200Q

But you might want to consider a bigger amplifier for either of the setups so that they do not struggle as much (makes for a cleaner sound). Something like this:

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/Catalog Page.asp?Product+#=A2200HCQ

If this is out of your budget, let me know and i can figure something out for you that is in your budget.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is, that I am stuck with this box. I was wanting to put some 10"s in it and see if I could sell it for a little over what I paid for the speakers to make up for the price of the box. Otherwise, the most I could get for that box is like $20.

When I do the 4 12"s or 15"s.(It's going to be a tight fit, but will look good) I will send you a pick to show you how I did it b/c it's pretty intricate. I just have to make sure that the speakers have the correct amount of air.

I just need something small that sounds pretty damn good for 4 10"s and will work correctly in a box with a sealed cu. ft. of air each. $75 each for the speakers is the most I am willing to go with the 10"s. The amp can be around $200 as well. I just need something that works good, doesn't have to look that great, just a meat and potatoes system if you get what I mean.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
sweet. That looks perfect. When I get the $500 I'll let you know :) Thanks again.

Would you have them wired to 2 ohms and have one speaker on each channel? Or have them wired another way? The 2ohm per channel would be the only one I can think of that would work well with the 2ohm or 8ohm load from the speakers... a 4ohm load would have been perfect. Even if single voice coil, that way, could pair the speakers up and give a 2ohm load per pair and get optimal power from the amplifier.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Actually, running tham at 2 ohm each you are getting the maximum power out of the amplifier. 500x4 is 2000 watts and 1000x2 is also 2000 watts. So it does not really matter. But yes, you would run them each at 2 ohm and that would give you the most power. This should actually sound pretty good. I have a lot of friends with that series of subs and they like them very well. So just let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts