Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to slow done the process of sludge building up in the 4.7. I have read about so many people losing oil pressure and having to replace the engine. i recently took my 200 Durango to the dealer and they advised that there is a slight build up and I should start looking for a new engine. they said it may last 10000 or 40000 more miles(alot of help there). Syntec oils are out of the question.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have run synthetic Mobile 1 oil in all my trucks and I have NEVER had a sludge problem. We have put on 155,000 miles on a Ram, 100,000 on a Tacoma, and Ive got 27,000 so far on my Dak. with NO signs of sludge. I would consider using synthetic oil.
Chris

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
gord said:
Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done to slow done the process of sludge building up in the 4.7. I have read about so many people losing oil pressure and having to replace the engine. i recently took my 200 Durango to the dealer and they advised that there is a slight build up and I should start looking for a new engine. they said it may last 10000 or 40000 more miles(alot of help there). Syntec oils are out of the question.

Mobile 1 or any other GOOD synthetic oil will help with the sludge pobs. AFAIK, the sludge probs only happen in colder areas of the US.

SEAFOM in the crankcase will also help remove the buildup as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.