Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey hey guys, new member here with a wild idea. I've been looking around all the jeep forums and haven't come across any manual trans swaps in the 99-04 grand cherokees (WJ designation). I want to. I'm having serious issues with my second 545RFE on my wheeler and I want it gone.

These trucks never had a manual as an option, which is the reason I'm here. I know you guys got the 5-speed NV3500 (an NV3550 with one-peice bellhousing from what I've read?) behind the 4.7 in Dakotas, and I've seen a few swaps from the 545RFE. I was also looking at the NV4500 as the low first gear ratio would be really nice, can you mate the 4500 to the 4.7 using factory parts? I'm not afraid of the fab work involved with the pedals and shifter, what worry me are the electronics. I thought about taking the whole engine harness and PCM from a dakota, but I think I'd have too many issues mating it to the body harness. Can tools like the SCT tuner be used to completely revamp the PCM to stop looking for the automatic transmission?

Thanks in advance, and here's a pic of my grocery getter :banana2:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I know this is an older post, but came across it in my searches. I too have a jeep, and Im also on mallcrawlin.

You need to PM Viperkota.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts