Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
3,104 Posts
Ok this is kinda dumb.

·
3,960 Posts
Sorry man...these guys crack me up. Haven't raced with them yet. Getting some this spring. Did you get all out slicks? If so, the only downfall to them is your drivetrain....unless you got it built up. I think thats why i'm going with the M/T Streets. You need a little tire spinning when you hit it so something don't break when those puppies bite. :biggthump

·
Boost.....coming soon :D
41,739 Posts
:clap2: -well said- :biggthump

·
Registered
139 Posts
limpnkid2121 said:
thanks guys, y dont u stop being a$$holes about it, i asked a simple question and u had to be sarcastic about it.....

:jester: Sorry. You were pretty vague with your question and I'm generally a smart ass. ;)

If you would have asked something like..How much did your 60ft times improve with slicks, or do you have any tips for running them ......see?

·
Your hero
561 Posts
beeper said:
:jester: Sorry. You were pretty vague with your question and I'm generally a smart ass. ;)

If you would have asked something like..How much did your 60ft times improve with slicks, or do you have any tips for running them ......see?
Exactly :jester:

It's like saying "Hey, has anybody ever done an oil change?"

And just leaving it at that.

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
3,104 Posts
Yeah I'm sorry man. I just had to say it though. It was like beeper said "pretty vague."

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
I run full blown slicks all the time at the track. They don't spin what so ever. Havn't had any drivetrain problems yet.

:biggthump

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
Ohh wait, I was suppose to explain running slicks.. damn! :)

Yea I run cheater slicks. DOT slicks so I can just drive them to the track if I need to. Work really well with no problems to the driveshaft. I'm sure it'll make your UJoints go out faster, but I've ran all this year with them (5th in points too)

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
I think as long as you preload your fine, cuz there isnt any impact, its a smooth motion.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
If you plan on drag racing with any sort of regularity, even if you're stock, then slicks should be mandatory. It amazes me how many people will pay $250-700 for a bolt-on part that gives .1-.2 at best in the quarter mile but completely pass over a traction device that in many cases will yield a half second or better.

If you're on a budget, pick up some cheap used OEM 15x8 rims or pick up a set of simple 15" 6 on 4.5/6x114.3 bolt pattern steel rims from a local parts store.

Next you need to pick a type of tire...

If you want traction available all the time on the street, get a drag radial. They only last 5000-10000 miles but traction will be on tap at every stoplight.

If you want to be able to drive to/from the track on the slicks (highway driving not recommended unless there's no big curves), then get a DOT-approved model such as the E/T Street.

If you only plan on racing at the track and want maximum traction then get a full drag slick.

Some other points to ponder in making your selection - NHRA rules state that anyone using a full drag slick is supposed to use a driveshaft loop (many of them don't bother to check, but some do), and some events such as LVMS's Midnight Mayhem require DOT legal tires and will reject cars with full drag slicks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I ran some ET Streets on mine that I bought pretty cheap used. Got a set of 4 15X8 factory mags with them too. With the Cal-Tracs that were on the truck I could hook it anywhere. :biggthump

Drivetrain problems come from having a tire that spins then hooks. (Or having a stick) :drive: :banana2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.