Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out to a skate park by my house yesterday after noon and all of a sudden i see this silverado on my ass. catch a light with a him and he pulls on the shoulder i thought he was going to take the u turn but the light turns green and he punches it. so i punch it and i just pull on him the whole time laughing with my friend at him and his buddy in the big bad chevy. he was stayed far behind me the whole time until he turned off with his tail between his legs haha :mullet:

·
3,960 Posts
That's funny...I know somebody who just bought a silverado. Every time I see him he trys to get me fired up. He's says " When am I going to see what this Dodge can do?" I just laugh and tell him anytime he's ready. :biggthump
Whats with these Chevy guys anyway? :huh:

·
Pearls Before Swine
967 Posts
I used to not be scared of them till last week at the strip one with a "banks power" decal ran a 13.58!! Bastards!

So for now on, just look for a Banks decal.

Question, cause i just now thought of it, does Banks make stuff for gas motors? I thought it was only for desils and stuff.

S

·
0 Posts
They make a twin turbo setup of chevy small blocks and they are working on one currently for both the fords and dodges. They already have something for Ford V-10's

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Not a Silverado but I ran a s-10 ext cab v6 getting on the interstate last night. My truck was kinda bogged down and it didnt downshift and I still got the chevy by about 2-3 truck lengths. God damn I need to regear :cussing:

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
Iv got a friend who has a silverado SS that runs 12.80's at the track....its blown and all wheel drive.... had a bunch of other crap too but those are the two things that make it so special...... i bet a blown dakota can give him a run huh?..... he talks so much shit bout my 318 rango....anyone out there wanna give him a shot?

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
ill take him with my v6...................

just pop his tires first and ill be good to go..!lol :joke: :drive:

·
Who needs a Hemi
411 Posts
onequickrt said:
Going out to a skate park by my house yesterday after noon and all of a sudden i see this silverado on my ass. catch a light with a him and he pulls on the shoulder i thought he was going to take the u turn but the light turns green and he punches it. so i punch it and i just pull on him the whole time laughing with my friend at him and his buddy in the big bad chevy. he was stayed far behind me the whole time until he turned off with his tail between his legs haha :mullet:

What kind of chevy truck was it? You see when you drive an R/T everyone knows it so they expect something fast. Any chevy that pulls up could be a v6 or v8 you wouldnt really know, so if you blow his doors off its not that important if it was a v6. I have raced many siverados and some are faster than others. Some I beat by a mile some I only beat by a half truck. So since you have an r/t you should know how it works.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not sure but i think it was an 8 i've raced my friends 4.3 extreme and i didn't murder the silverado as bad as i do to the extreme

·
Registered
928 Posts
My brother has a 2000 Silverado Z-71 (bone stock), and I, at the time, had my bone stock 4.7 2002 Dakota, and I took him by about a car length and sucked down about half the gas as he did. Now with my cams, intake, and intake manifold he is no contest.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my friend has a GMC2500 Sirrea (close to a silverado) with an 8.2L in it (plus his engine mods). He has it lifted 6inchs(might be 7 or 8 and with 35or 37''s tires. It will smoke most cars out there for sure. My rango found out that the hard way..... i was all the way down, he was half way.....

·
Gas Guzlin and Tire smoke
3,301 Posts
He must have lots of mods because those 8.2 big block chevys are crap.... the 6.0 HO in esclades and silverado SS's have more power than those do......those thing justhave lots of low end torque,...... trust me i work for chevy and have driven those 8.2 pieces of crap and thier no thrill ride at all.....he might as well of just gotten a diesel and saved about 10 mpg. But i did see a 8.2 in a Avalanch and it had 2, yes 2, magnasun radix superchargers on it pushing it i think it was 8 lbs. each and that was a bad bitch! but thats the only bad ass 8.2 iv seen..... but hey i dont kno your buddy and he might have 10 thousand in the motor......just saying that stock 8.2's are crap.. :biggthump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts