Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it's 2 am and I'm bored, so figured I might as well ask this dumb Q... I find the Sir Michael's roll pan quite attractive, and would like to get it in the future. I've noticed other roll pans have a small notch cut out for access to the spare tire. Hmmm... any reason the sir michaels pan doesn't have that notch (other than the fact that it looks better without it)... would I just be SOL if I needed to get to my spare, or is there still a pretty good amount of space/gap between the gate and the pan to still get to the spare?
I would be welding the pan on, so would it just be better to remove the spare before hand, and keep it else where (like in the bed, etc)?

yea yea yea, dumb question... cant help it, lack of sleep (not to mention newbie status).

:hammer:

M

·
0 Posts
The rollpan wont be in the way of tire removal, however the thingy that you use to crank the tire down with is hampered by the roll pan not having the hole in it.......you already observed that. If you get the pan welded on......which would look sweet of course......you either need the hole to maintain the tire under the truck or, best choice is to remove the tire and crank assembly altogether and keep the spare somewhere else. Thats what I have done. Removed all that junk under the truck. Makes it cleaner and lighter at the same time. Just my opioion on the subject. You can still keep the tire under the truck and use a short section of the crank to get it down but you really loose leverage working with the stump end of the crank assembly. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice... I'll keep that in mind. :)
Sounds better to just take the whole assembly out like you did, rather than dealing with the stump.
I guess while I'm under there today (to try and take the tow hitch out), I'll look at the spare tire / mounting hardware to see what I'll be dealing with, hehe.

thanks again,
Kim

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Gotta love a Woman who knows her way around a truck. :wave: :mullet:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts