Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to replace the 5x7 mirrors on my '97 Dak with some bigger mirrors, the 5x7's are too small for me, I bought the truck to use like a truck.

The stock "dumbo" mirrors look about the same as the stock Ram mirrors from 98-01, can anybody confirm this? Just wanting to know if they bolt on the same.

If they do, does anybody know of anyone putting Ram towing mirrors on a Dak? Just curious what they'd look like...

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just an update on this, I took the mirror off my brother's '00 Ram to compare to my '97 Dak, the bolt patterns are VERY close... close enough that I think if you just really wanted Ram towing mirrors on a Dak (even though it would look weird...) you could probably make it work. The other problem you'd run into though is the contour of the plastic is different where it meets the door, so a Ram mirror on a Dak door leaves a gap on the front side where the door has an indentation. I think with a little time / patience / creativity it could be made to work.

· Premium Member
14,342 Posts
Or you could just get a set of dumbo 6x9 mirrors off a Dak and call it good. Bolt right on and not have to worry about trying to "make" it work. If you have power mirros, you'll either have to find a set from the '97-'99 trucks, or will have to modify the wiring to fit the '00+ mirrors on since they changed the wiring in '00, and then again iin '01.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or you could just get a set of dumbo 6x9 mirrors off a Dak and call it good. Bolt right on and not have to worry about trying to "make" it work. If you have power mirros, you'll either have to find a set from the '97-'99 trucks, or will have to modify the wiring to fit the '00+ mirrors on since they changed the wiring in '00, and then again iin '01.

That's what I'm going to do, but eventually if I do much towing with the truck I might try to put the towing mirrors on it. Shoot, if someone can turn a Dak into a dually I'd think someone could have use for towing mirrors on one...

· Registered
8 Posts
You just made my night. This is amazing. My rango needs these. My wife is upset i found this. You are my hero.
Your welcome. Just make sure they are 1998 Ram Mirrors. You have to oval the holes a little but they fit and make sure the mirrors come with the reinforcement plate. I ordered mine off Amazon. My daughter drives it now. I have a 08 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins .

Attachments

· Floridahardcore
21 Posts
Your welcome. Just make sure they are 1998 Ram Mirrors. You have to oval the holes a little but they fit and make sure the mirrors come with the reinforcement plate. I ordered mine off Amazon. My daughter drives it now. I have a 08 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 Cummins .
Thanks boss. Im always looking for something to beef up the rango's look, this will be a big improvement for sure. I have a 2002 dodge 1500 4.7 with a 4.5 spindle lift, 3 inch blocks with 2 inch shackles, and 35's on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.