Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to look for ideas on a side exit exhaust.. wanna do dual before the rear tires but im not gonna do this if it comes down to a fuel cell being needed.. has anyone had any luck with some sort of a way to do this

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Do you want an exhaust pipe exiting out on each side or 2 tips on one side (passenger side)? There's the gsm true dual exhaust and spintech also makes a single 3" exhaust with a dual out muffler that exits before the passenger tire. But if you want to get one on each side you'd have to have some pipes custom bent and it might mean relocating some things.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want a true dual side exit and im already gonna do electric cutouts at the front tire... i know the gas tank will have to be relocated but im interested more or less if anyone has had luck doing this without going to a fuel cell

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
01Kota said:
i want a true dual side exit and im already gonna do electric cutouts at the front tire... i know the gas tank will have to be relocated but im interested more or less if anyone has had luck doing this without going to a fuel cell
if ya want a exite on each side, gonna need a cell. other wise a pass side exit is the way to go.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I did mine on my own. Its a single 3" system exiting on one side in front of the rear tire with a corsa dual tip. If your gonna go with duals on each side you might have to relocate the gas tank but i seen someone run the pipes on the outside of the frame rail. Didn't look half bad. But here's some pics of my truck. Its angled up a little bit because i ran the pipe under the frame instead of over the frame. I customized the exhaust myself and didn't have enough room to go over the frame with the size of the tip i used. It would of stuck out to far. But when you look at it by standing there it looks pretty good.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/812469

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is that guy using a fuel cell? if not he must have a serious heat shield or something.. and there is no way im running a pipe that will get taken off by a speed bump like he has

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice truck wykdrt... that hood is sweet... i like that exit but i'd love it if i could just do it on either side

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't think he had a heat shield. I wanted to do both sideds also but the fuel tank was my issue. I thought of running it on the outside of the frame but heat was still an issue with me being that the fuel lines are on the other side. I would assume you might be ok when driving but if you go through alot of stop and go traffic i wouldn't do it. I'd get a fuel cell. I think KRC has a fuel cell kit now for our trucks. Gotta get rid of the spare and stuff but looks pretty complete and cool. As far as the pipe hitting speed bumps i thought it would also. I thought i would be hitting everything known to man with that 3" pipe under the frame with the hotchkis kit and a 1" block back there but to be honest i haven't hit much with it. I do hit stuff occasionally but never a speed bump to be honest.

If you don't want to move the gas tank you could do two things. One thing is to get your pipe that is going to be right by the gas tank ceramacoated on the inside and out. Send it to Sam at SoCalDakota.com and have him send it to his ceramacoater. My headers were done by him and i can literally almost put my hand on them and not feel any heat and they cool down in like 15 minutes. Or you could get some hi heat wrap from summit racing and wrap the pipe by the gas tank just to be safe. I'd get the pipe ceramacoated to be frank. It will be expensive maybe but it would be well worth it and safer. And if you do get the ceramacoat you can also put the heat wrap on it to protect it more. Just some food for thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts