Dakota Durango Forum banner

Should I paint it??

3K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  Misfit 
#1 ·
Well after do the custom paint job a few of yall told me to paint the rear bumper completly black which is still on my agenda to do. So now my debate is should I paint the grill black to matchwith the lower part of the black paint?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

See less See more
#2 ·
No paint, but remove the bug deflector :huh:

#5 ·
i can also see in the pic that you whited out the bug deflector. so i will take it i should take it off then.

#6 ·
Guy above was saying to take it off, so i was like hm..wonder what it will look like with and without it, so at first i left it on, and blacked the grille. But for some reason, it didn't look quite right, but it is microsoft paint, so it's not exactly a dead on Chip Foose Rendition lol But it just looked better without it to me. You may consider a different color bug deflector though..

#7 ·
eh what i will do is paint the grill and then see what it looks like with and without the bug deflector.

#8 ·
I saw a guy a few weeks ago that had a rebel flag bug deflector on a 97-04 Dakota. I tried so bad to catch up to him to try and ask him where he bought it, but rush hour traffic wouldn't allow it. And i have never seen one of those in the catalogs, or even E-bay.

#9 ·
haha. nice. well i am waiting for about 2 more opinions on painting it then i will do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.