Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My durango could use a new set of shocks, whats a decent set, how much are they? Also how hard are they to install?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
easy to install. what the use? off road/highway ??? a little of both? mostly highway??? throw us a bone :jester:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
offroad,highway. I dont need the best of shocks but i seen some rancho shocks for like 40bucks in jegs?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
rancho for $40 is the way to go. install them yourself. won't take you long. anything besides those OEM are better

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm running the rancho 9000RSX's and love them. they are adjustable so if i'm off roading, towing, or want a better start off the line i crank them down. but they also give me a smooth ride if i want too. i got a buy 3 get one free from samsoffroad.com but 4 wheel parts also has specials on them sometimes. Very easy to intall however the ranchos have larger tube diameter and they do hit the upper a arm just enough to take some of the paint off the shock if you are on 3 wheels while off roading . if you dont do any seriouse offroading you'll be fine not that its a problem anyway they just bairly touch.

sams right now is selling 4 of the 9000's for $289.95

and if you dont wanna spend that much their rs5000's are $150

but i would never but another shock unless its a Rancho

·
Registered
118 Posts
Edelbrock Performer IAS

Edelbrock performer IAS
Series Shocks
4WD
Front-Rear

Best shocks for on and off road applications., around 100 bucks a pop from summit, but well worth it

·
Registered
250 Posts
i have the rancho 5000's and im pretty happy with them

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have Bilsteins on mine, like them alot, a great shock.

Autozone here had to special order them, but at no additional charge, arrived fast. $230 i believe for the set of four.

Install is very easy. i couldnt get the rears to compress enough to fit in, so i jacked to rear up as high as i could get it to lower the axle and its mounts to allow more room. Then after installing the top mount, i compressed the shock with another jack and slid the bottom in to its mounting holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts