Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i Have been searching around here, and cant really find anything about good shocks for a lifted d, any positive input would be nice, and yes i did use the search button. :banana2:

·
Banned
9,045 Posts
So i Have been searching around here, and cant really find anything about good shocks for a lifted d, any positive input would be nice, and yes i did use the search button. :banana2:
i say ask rebel13 or nick02 (i think thats his name) those are the only two that i can think of that would have good answers...i know there are more members, but i dont see them post much

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rebel seems to find every post, so i think he'll be here soon lol

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
What lift T/S? If so stock will work fine.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my stock shock have over 120k, on them so they need to be replaced anyway, and im about to order shocks to, so im wanting to install them all at once

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anybody know of some good ones

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
You still have all stock suspension, no need to go with a lifted shock.

Bilsteins are very popular. I like mine very much.

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, so i guess a better questions, im ordering a pa body lift this week, what are good shock to go with a pa lift and t/s lift

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
but after running the t/s lift and the body lift, wont that stretch to the max my stock shock, making it ride really rough?

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so with both of those mods done, just stock height shocks would work fine then...sorry and thanks for the patience, im new to trucks im a turboed car guy

·
CAPT. MORGAN
64 Posts
im still looking for longer shocks, i dont like the ride quality on stock shocks, so anyone that knows where to get some without telling me i dont need them (its more of a want) thanks for info.

·
Registered
115 Posts
like everyone is saying a simply torsion crank you dont need an extended shock on the front of my truck im running kyb mono max shocks work good offroad. I have 2.5 inch blocks in the back thats when i purchased extended shocks. For that i used rancho Rs5000 from a 2 inch suspension lift rancho used to make for our trucks. The lift might not be available but the extended shocks still are.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
If you run extended shocks on these trucks, unless you have a true lift kit (cranking your t-bars does not count) you will snap the lower shock bolt often (freeway, trail, street, speed bumps, ect).

I had this problem for a long time. Even after installing the rancho 3", I would still snap the lower shock bolt once in awhile after a hard hit or jumping the truck.

I drilled out the lower a-arm to take a standard grade 8 bolt vs the one dodge had in there to make repairs easier.

AGAIN YOU DO NOT NEED LIFTED SHOCKS IF YOU CRANK YOUR T-BARS

Kevin

·
Wheres the mud...
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nither do you for a body lift

1 - 20 of 23 Posts