Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my question... I got 2000 Durango withT/S lift. I want to buy and install new Rancho 5000 shocks. They come in stock lenghth or 3" for lift. Should I buy the 3" lift shocks since I have 2" lift r will this cause problems? :huh:
Any info much appreicated....

·
Old Fart
182 Posts
Here's my question... I got 2000 Durango withT/S lift. I want to buy and install new Rancho 5000 shocks. They come in stock lenghth or 3" for lift. Should I buy the 3" lift shocks since I have 2" lift r will this cause problems? :huh:
Any info much appreicated....
I would buy stock length, since your suspension will still be within the normal range of travel (just sitting up higher in it). If you get the longer ones, I would worry that they might bottom out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tom A for your info....
Just got my 3"pa body lift and on my way to pick up all four Rancho 5000..:drive:

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Exactly what Tom A said, all you've done is change the static ride height by cranking the torsion bars, the suspension is still bound by the stock limitations/travel so stock length shocks are what you need. Putting lift shocks on it would make the truck bottom out on the shocks going over bumps rather then the bump stops, this is extremely unhealthy for the shock, and on a big enough jolt could break the lower shock bolt or worse the lower control arm itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts