Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I take turns my transmission will shift down, then up but it wont go into grear right away, it will rev then shift hard. Any ideas on the issue at hand? Any similar experiences?

Thanks!

98 durango slt auto 5.2v8 magnum :help:

·
Registered
425 Posts
does it feel like it is slipping any? or is that all it does? Check the fluid lately? Flush the transmission lately? you could have trash in the fluid lines and a flush might help you out. does it do it when it is cold? hot? or always? might also have some sort of pressure problem or air in the lines.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it feels like it is slipping when it revs high then shifts...but it NEVER really does anything out f the ordinary except while turning. I will change the transfluid this week and report back. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
mine was doing that. TPS sensor. Fixed..... Runs arond $50 at NAPA. takes 10 minutes to change. it's on the side of your throttle body. Be sure and check your fluids also. If you haven't serviced your trans in a while now would be a good time. AFT+4

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rockadaous said:
mine was doing that. TPS sensor. Fixed..... Runs arond $50 at NAPA. takes 10 minutes to change. it's on the side of your throttle body. Be sure and check your fluids also. If you haven't serviced your trans in a while now would be a good time. AFT+4

Same thing...while turning corner....sweet THANKS A TON!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
exact same thing. make sure you have some torx bits.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
no problem. I hope it works :biggthump

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rockadaous said:
no problem. I hope it works :biggthump
Just read your profile, you have a gsx? Are you on dsmtuners? I have a 97 gst spyder

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright replaced TPS and it may have helped slightly but def. didnt fix the problem. it seems it only occours when turnin left. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
did you reset your pcm?

How to Reset the PCM:

Disconnect NEG Battery Terminal

Turn the ignition key to the START position and hold for 15-20 seconds

Release key (OFF) and reconnect the battery

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reset PCM, again may have helped but DID NOT solve issue :(...soo fusterating. it onl happens when turning left, what else could this be?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
xpr626 said:
Reset PCM, again may have helped but DID NOT solve issue :(...soo fusterating. it onl happens when turning left, what else could this be?

Thanks
the only other thing I can think of short of something expensive is adjusting your bands.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
rockadaous said:
:biggthump glad to hear it's fixed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts