Dakota Durango Forum banner

shift solenoid

13K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  zack 
G
#1 ·
my tranny seems to be stumbling, when i first accelerate. The code i got (odbII) was P0753. Where is the shift solenoid? How hard are they to change I know I can't afford the labor at the dealer. I would appreciate any help!!!!! 2000 durango 5.2 4x4

G
#3 ·
thanx for your input, i just wanted a clue of what i was getting myself in to. i hope i can rely on your expertise if i run into any problems. thanxs again i'll let ya know how it turns out????????????

#4 ·
Shift Solenoid-HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this hard to change out? Do you have to remove the valve body to do this?

My truck is throwing a P0753 code and isn't shifting out of 3rd gear....runs at about 3500RPM at 65MPH on the freeway.

Any other suggestions? I think I've eliminated the possibility of a wiring issue.

#6 ·
I'm not sure on how to install it, but I know when I had my shift kit and torque converter installed, I had them change the solenoid out as well. The solenoid is about $100. However, they also recommend you change out the transducer along with it. That is also another $100. I took a gamble and just changed out the solenoid. It paid off, everything was working fine afterwards. You can probably get the solenoid cheaper if you go to a parts store rather than going to a dealership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.