Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Semper Fi
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a superchips 3715 for my 2002 3.9 5spd. I did the performance tune and adjusted the rev limiter, top speed limiter, and tire height. For some reason I get a shift light in 5th gear. Anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I've never used one so this is just a shot in the dark, but is there anywhere you have to enter in you have a 5spd instead of a 4spd auto? Or is the shift light programable for each gear?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Oh the stock shift light, I thought there was one on the programmer. Not sure on that. I think the shift light on mine doesn't work so I forgot it had one.

·
I know nothing
790 Posts
chances are it probably comes on in reverse too....ive heard of it before, im going to just take apart my cluster and cover up the damn light or pull it out or something, its just plain annoying. damn thing wants me to be in 5th gear at about 40mph

·
Registered
994 Posts
:huh:My 02 shift light comes on at start up but then is never seen again. I can hit the rev limiter but it doesn't come back on.

·
Armed and Dangerous
1,830 Posts
Yea mine comes on about at about 2k. I used to try and shift around there to save gas, but the mods make that almost impossible.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
:huh:My 02 shift light comes on at start up but then is never seen again. I can hit the rev limiter but it doesn't come back on.
Same here, I went for a drive today and payed attention to it and it never came on other then at start up. Didn't matter if I shifted at 5k or if I slowly reved it up to 4k. Also, does your truck acctually pull hard all the way to the rev limiter? My power seems to drop off quite a bit right before 5k but pulls really strong from about 3-4700, stock everything on it right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.