Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 98 dakota and wanted to know how do go about shaving my attenna off ? and after that will it disrupt my reception ?...thanks..

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
you're going to need somekind of antenna, especially here. so much damn interference and noise.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tru tru..maybe i'll get the lil billet one becuz without da attenna the truck looks pretty tyte..aites

T

·
0 Posts
My friend had his antenna shaved. The shop he got it done at ran a wire behind the pillar cover. Can't see it and has great radio reception.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
yeah that would be a good idea. or even adding those small angled ones that look like the xm radio ants, or the shark fin ants.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kaui56 said:
yeah that would be a good idea. or even adding those small angled ones that look like the xm radio ants, or the shark fin ants.

you on oahu ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ewa..damm we should set up an dakota meeting or something..shoots

·
Registered
133 Posts
A guy that I work with shaved his attenna and he put in the wire that goes in the pilar. He said his reception sucks big time! He kinda regrets it now. I was thinking of doing the samething though cause the damm billet attenna looks good just for awhile. Have you ever seen billet rust? Yup the whole shaft rusts, just the top and the bottom stays kinda clean. I'm on my thrid one. Rons sell those for about $14.00.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tru tru..damm guess i'll have to think about that one...umm anyone know how to put the grill on ? i bought the gutter guard thing from home depot but havent had the time to put it on my truck..and since everyone say's that it rust after a while i'm debating on weather to install it..and if i should go with the street scene inserts or the billet...well if u guys have time maybe someone can help a braddah out..shoots

·
Registered
133 Posts
First you have to take the factory black inserts off. I think those are plastic welded on. Just chisle of drill out those (but don't drill too far!) and the inserts should come right off. Then cut the mesh to fit . I have seen people epoxy the mesh on from the inside. That might work. You can get the epoxy at Napa, Checkers, Rons, or even Redline. It might rust but if it does the spray it with aluminum paint... Hahaha. Custom billet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts