Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I have a 1999 Dak Sport witht the dakota "sport" decals on the doors and the dodge decal on the tailgate. I removed them with a hair dryer and Goo-BE-Gone ( great stuff ), but there is a little bit of wax build up left. My question is do you guys just wash wax and buff it out or is there a compound you guys use to make it dissapear for good.

any insite would be great, Thanks :mullet:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
if it's just wax what I would do is wash the area with dawn dish detergent get a clay bar and use it. Then wash it again with car wash wipe dry and apply new wax :biggthump

·
Registered
396 Posts
i recently removed all pinstriping and decals off of my SPORT Durango and i used a product similar to the goo be gone and then washed and waxed it...you can't even tell there were any decals to begin w/...looks real good...good luck w/ all your stuff

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Hey you guys that are removing your decals, what shape are the "Durango" decals in? I want to replace mine because the chrome is peeling. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
there is no way you can get them off with out messing them up. Even the chrome emblems tear or distort when you take them off

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips guys, hopefully there will be some decent weather coming this weekend for my project.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Adam said:
there is no way you can get them off with out messing them up. Even the chrome emblems tear or distort when you take them off
Alrighty then!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I have never seen them on ebay and jeff's are 30 a piece. I may have to bite the bullet though. :rant:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Adam said:
Actually if its a raised chrome emblem you can get it off with out distorting or messing it up.

Use some 6lb test fishing line, wrap each end around two small sticks (I use pencils) so you dont cut your hands, and put the slack between the emblem and the truck and use a sawing motion, it will cut thru the adhesive without harming the emblem. You can then use some type cleaner to remove the adhesive left behind.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
venom said:
SO I have a 1999 Dak Sport witht the dakota "sport" decals on the doors and the dodge decal on the tailgate. I removed them with a hair dryer and Goo-BE-Gone ( great stuff ), but there is a little bit of wax build up left. My question is do you guys just wash wax and buff it out or is there a compound you guys use to make it dissapear for good.

any insite would be great, Thanks :mullet:
Would you know where to get decals for Durangos?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
code3 said:
Would you know where to get decals for Durangos?
Ask in the vendor forums, he will be able to get them for you. Or any other part as a matter of fact!

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
Wolfman said:
Actually if its a raised chrome emblem you can get it off with out distorting or messing it up.

Use some 6lb test fishing line, wrap each end around two small sticks (I use pencils) so you dont cut your hands, and put the slack between the emblem and the truck and use a sawing motion, it will cut thru the adhesive without harming the emblem. You can then use some type cleaner to remove the adhesive left behind.

I tried dental floss but not fishing line

·
Registered
406 Posts
Removing Emblems on a 98

Alright, i've always wanted to take my emblems off my sport, on the doors and the tailgate, but my truck is a 98 i mean that's 7 years of sunlight, dirt...is it worth it or should i just wait until i repaint next summer?...also how hard is it to take these off, there all stickers, no chrome lettering..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts