Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a shaker hood used and it doesn't have any bolts to connect the top(the air intake I guess) to the part that attaches to the manifold. Does anybody know where I can get an install kit for this? I have already called keystone restyling, they make the hood, and have left several messages with no reply. I have also tried summit and they don't have anything.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Keep trying to contact Keystone Restyling - talk to Alan or Phil if possible. I know they're hard to get ahold of, it took forever to secure their sponsorship at this year's DRTC meet because of missed calls.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried again today and sure enough I actually talked to Phil. They have the install kit with directions. It was only $15. I just dropped the hood off today to get painted along with the new grille and mirrors.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
dbontempo said:
roughly how much is it to get a hood painted
BTW if possible do not let a body shop convince you to blend the fenders or nose - this means they assume the color won't be a spot-on match and they try to overspray the new color onto other body panels so your eyes are fooled into thinking it matches. They did this to my silver truck the first time around and I could spot the different shades from a mile away, it took 3 more re-sprays before everything finally looked right.

I would much rather have the hood be a little bit off and force them to re-spray for color correction on just the hood than have 4-5 body panels not quite match 100%.

·
Registered
140 Posts
cowls are good...cheaper and go good with any mod...

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
dbontempo said:
what one gives more air to the engine??
A shaker hood gives the most direct air flow to the engine, the GTS/SRT-10 hoods are probably close seconds.

I think they may have been referring to a replacement wiper cowl above though, those look good with any model of hood.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Keystone is driving me crazy. I ordered the install kit on October 26th and still don't have it. I don't expect stuff to be here immediately. My check card still hasn't been charged either. I tried calling to make sure the order was put through and of course I can't talk to anybody, they are always away from their desk.

Does anybody on here have a copy of the install instructions? Thanks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
BTW if possible do not let a body shop convince you to blend the fenders or nose - this means they assume the color won't be a spot-on match and they try to overspray the new color onto other body panels so your eyes are fooled into thinking it matches. They did this to my silver truck the first time around and I could spot the different shades from a mile away, it took 3 more re-sprays before everything finally looked right.

I would much rather have the hood be a little bit off and force them to re-spray for color correction on just the hood than have 4-5 body panels not quite match 100%.

i recently sprayed a guys hood and it matched perfectly to the t. coulda been luck, but i like to think it was the paint used. used duplicolor permabase and thier chromo clear. the problem with most shops is they try to save every penny they can by using cheaper paint and what not. or by not using primer. when i got my roll pan sprayed it didn`t match at all, come to find out he didn`t primer it, and the black surface with blue paint made it darker, go figure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.