Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've been searching unsuccessfully for a manual tailgate lock made to fit a 1996 Dakota. As with many other Dakota accessories everything seems to be made for the '97's and up. Would any of you folks be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nope. 96 is a Gen 2 (squared off body). 97-2004 is the Gen 3(majority of what you see on the site). Gen 4's are the 05's which I personally think are uglier than a dead rat

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally managed to locate a Pop and Lock part number (PL3000 Classic) but it's been discontinued. I contacted http://www.aztrucks.com and they were able to locate two of them left at one of their distributors so I had them order one for me even though I had no idea what it was going to look like.

The lock I got allowed for a nice clean install since it replaces the plate directly behind the handle mechanism on the inside of the tailgate with a hardened steel version and an integral keyed lock. It also came with four stainless tamper proof bolts to finish things off. It's a hell of a nice lock if you can find one :)

·
Premium Member
74,416 Posts
glad to hear ya found one ... I need to get one so my shaved tailgate doesn't "grow" some legs.... :jester:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts