Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I used it about a month ago after reading about it on www.corral.net
I didnt have any problems with pinging or anything I just thougt itwouldnt hurt to run it thru my 4.7 since it now has 91k miles on it.
To use it I just pulled the vacuum line off of the master cylinder that goes into the intake manifold. I then stuck as small funnel into the line. You have to pour small amounts at a time or your engine will stall. It says to use a third of a can but i used the entire can. After pouring in the amount you want to use shut your truck off for 5 mins to let it soak in. Then start back up and you should get several minutes of MAJOR smoke clouds coming out your exhaust.
Quite a few people on the Corral website said it has helped with their pinging problems they were having with some older high mileage engines.

·
Am I Driving?
66 Posts
Seafoam is good stuff. It disolves alot of the caked up hydrocabons on your valve train and piston heads. Just be warned, your neighbors will be pissed when you smoke them out.

·
adicted to GT4
273 Posts
03Dak said:
Seafoam is good stuff. It disolves alot of the caked up hydrocabons on your valve train and piston heads. Just be warned, your neighbors will be pissed when you smoke them out.
yep, that is very true. I did it on my old jeep in my apartment complex parking lot, they were PISSED (it was parked right near the pool, lots of people there, not happy when I smoked them out)

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
99durango318 said:
Where can we buy this stuf at?

any of your *better* auto parts stores( Peps, Autp zone, Kragens, Shucks..). its in the fuel additives section.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I used a similar product, but likely much stronger, at a shop I used to work at. It was this machine that had an on-board fuel tank. You would disconnect the fuel lines from the veicle and reconnect them to this machine. Then you ran the engine for about 15 minutes, until the tank ran dry. The fuel was a mixture of gasoline and this concentrated combustion chamber cleaner, and it worked miracles.

If there is a good internal cleaner, I say use it, you might be very surprised what a difference a clean engine can do.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Seafoam is great stuff, I use it every 10k mile BEFORE I change the plugs, it might foul them.

DO NOT put it in through a vac lin if you have the stock beer barrel. There are not vacum line that would feed it to all of the cylinders, becuse the maifold has a big divider down the center.

get the truck good and hot, up to operating temp. pull the airhat.

Get a friend, put the parking brake on, truck in N not P get your friend to hold it at about 2500-2700 rpm while you have the air hat off, SLOWLY pour the thinist stream you can muster into a TB bore, Lil shots at time, alternating TB bores. Make sure you friend tries to keep it alive when it starts to bog down. You should be able to get it to ingest the with only stallin once or twice. Once you've got as much as you want (I use the whole bottle, some use half or 1/4) in the motor, turn it off and let it sit an hour. Then fire it up and qwuickly get it up to a main road and give it about 3/4 throttle, try to blow as much shit as u can out of the motor, but I wouldnt recommend WOT. Once most of the smokign subsides, bring it back home. Install new plugs, and reset ur pcm, cause it will prolly have misfire codes.

The ehxhuast will smell funny for a while, but you'll notice inproved idle quality, better midrange response. Maybe a WOT gain. Id say it well worth it if you plan to do ur plugs. If you dont wanna change teh plugs, then maybe only run 1/4-1/3 of a bottle through it.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
So if I pull my intake off, manipulate the throttle manually and use a spray bottle, that should work. I think I'll do it today. I bought the stuff a little while ago, haven't had time to do it. Being Monday, most people around my apartments are at work anyway.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
WOW

I can feel a difference in idle quality, accelleraion is smoother, feels a little better on the bottom end. I used half a bottle, and ended up squirting it into the large vaccum line that runs from the booster to the base of the throttle body.

I let it sit for 10 minutes. The smoke was intense for a few seconds, but didn't last very long. Not too bad at all. I am very happy with it. As soon as the wife gets home, I am going to put the rest through her 2000 Neon...

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
On a 4.7 or a 5.9 with an M1 it is okay to use a vac line, just not with the magnum beer barrel intake, because it has a divider down the middle.

Might wanna change your plugs now, if the motor was real dirty, cleaning it out can foul them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.