·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone seafoamed a diesel?

·
Registered
429 Posts
What are you trying to accomplish? But to answer the question, I never have.

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
I suppose on the newer diesels with all the stupid ass EGR lines and all, it would work to take them apart and soak the individual pieces.

I think Seafoam would have a similar effect as running gasoline in a diesel (bad)

·
Juice Junky
2,086 Posts
Taken from Sea Foam's website.

Sea Foam is absolutely safe for your diesel engine when used as directed. Sea Foam has been the choice of professional diesel technicians for more than 60 years. Sea Foam Motor Treatment is 100% Petroleum, NOT A CHEMICAL, and therefore is safe to use in all diesel fuel mixtures.
http://www.seafoamsales.com/diesel-engine-faqs.html

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you trying to accomplish? But to answer the question, I never have.

Well I cant crawl inside my engine so I had the idea of using seafoam. I jsut never heard of anyone doing it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
What engine is it? Most likely will be a waste of time, unless it is a newer one with EGR.

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
I dunno...I'd be afraid of it!!

gas engines you pour it in till it stalls, let it soak, then fire it up and blow it out. but you've got spark plugs to ignite the gunky mess after it soaks.

in the diesel, you don't have spark plugs, so...what if it doesn't start back up?

I dunno...if they say it's ok, then it's probably ok...just make sure you follow their directions for use in a diesel to a T!!

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
If it is a turbo diesel I would stay away from it, you don't want all the junk in your engine going through your turbo.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
429 Posts
I personally would not. If you want to help clean up the injectors, run a good additive.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yeah I do it all the time.

I just do half a bottle through the vacuum lines like normal .....

:jester:.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Vacuum lines?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was a dodge I would not use it, but since its a ford go for it :jester:

j/k
LOL yeah i had to get rid of my dakota. it couldn''t tow what Im planning on getting. Well i guess it could but it woudl be at its limit. not worth it to me. Safety and destroying a perfectly good running vehicle is not my cup of tea.

Yeah I do it all the time.

I just do half a bottle through the vacuum lines like normal .....

:jester:.
There are no vaccum lines like a car has. its a diesel. Im just gonna run Diesel kleen like I normally do.

On the other hand I jsut came across a beat azz dakota for 200$. Mybuddy bought it from his sister and doesnt want it anymore. Trying to find a place to put it its a 96 V8 4x4

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wow, no vacuum lines, i figured that :jester: would have given away the fact i was kidding. This website needs a facepalm emoticon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts