Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I bought a 1995 single cab Dodge Ram in 1996 and owned it until last year (17 years). It had all the options and the 5.9L. I put over 350K miles on that truck and never once had to so much as crack open a valve cover. It's entire repair history consisted of two water pumps, an IAC valve, a muffler, and a rebuilt rear end (100's of trips up and down a boat ramp). I flushed the tranny when I got it and every 50K after with synthetic fluid, and it never once skipped a shift. Other than very routine stuff like oil changes, the truck was virtually maintenance free. Loved that truck like a son- ironically, the reason I got rid of it is because my wife is expecting our second kid (a son) soon. When I finally decided it was time for a quad cab, my choice of makes was a no brainer. After a long search, I recently found and bought a beautiful 2003 Dakota Quad Cab SLT with just over 60K miles on the 5.9L (love that engine!). It has all the options except heated mirrors, rear window defrost, and the overhead computer (I'm currently working on adding one). I'm a mechanical engineer with a background in auto repair (worked 10 years as a Ford mechanic), and 12 volt electronics. I like to improve my vehicles while keeping them as stock as possible (one rainy day I'll do a write up on my version of a very simple $15 AUX stereo input that looks completely stock and doesn't require any silly switches or extra steps and sounds better than any modulator or aftermarket interface ever could). I look forward to learning a lot about my new truck from all of you. --Jay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts