Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
No habla jibber jabber
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so guy who owned the dog got caught tryin to do dog fighting and the dog refused to do it and then cut his ears off and cops found out when he took him to vet and took him away. No one wanted him cause he is a pit and the ears and were going to put him down so we rescued him, he is the nicest dog and doesnt growl or get mean to my german shepard and loves to cuddle and very playful. Dont judge the dog on the breed, judge the dog by its owner and personality cause this is one damn nice pit. His name is opie by the way.

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
Can't see the pics at work, but good on you bro....not too many genuinely nice people like you around. Good luck with the pit man, I'll check the pics out later.

:mullet:

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
nice dog and props to you for doing that. can't wait to get another german shepherd.

where ya been man ?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Great looking dog - he already looks comfy in his new home! Good for you rescuing him too.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
nice looking dog,,congrats on the addition to your family

·
No habla jibber jabber
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im def glad we saved him.

nice dog and props to you for doing that. can't wait to get another german shepherd.

where ya been man ?
been busy wifes step ma has stage 3 kidney failure so been at there house most nights so dont get chance to come on.

·
7,610 Posts
nice job, pits are misunderstood by alot of ppl just cuz they dont know the truth, incase ya dont know pits have sensitive skin so keep the baths down n try oatmeal shampoos, my pit -6 months- hasnt growled but just bark of what he dont know and loves attention from anyone

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
I'm lazy....can someone post the link of the family pets thread??? I think I posted up my beastly dog back when we first got him and was just thinking I need to post some updated pics of him. Pit/Husky mix....Love my boy.

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
Great job and great looking dog!

I saved...well attempted to save... a pit a few weeks ago. I almost hit him with my truck so I stopped and got out. Next thing I know, he's jumped into my truck right into the back seat ready to roll haha. He stayed with me over night, then I put him out in the morning to pee and he was gone.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Nice going man! Its nice to see someone giving a dog a good home. I want a pit dammit :jester:...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Good job man! Thank you

Thank you for helping the breed out by giving him a chance! My wife and are huge American pitbull terrier lovers! We have a 4 year old AMStaff that is mistaken all the time as a pit, we also own a 16 week old apbt. I saved one when I was younger from a shelter she was only 6 weeks old and they were gonna put her down just because of her breed! These are the most loveable and loyal dogs! Like my vet says there is no such thing as a bad pitbull just bad pitbull owners! PLEASE socialize your dog and participate on pitbull walks if there are any in your area! It is our duty as responsible owners to change the attitudes and opinions of the public, for the sake of the breed! Once again thank you for saving and loving that dog!

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
He's adorable. I want to give him a hug. He deserves it. Good poopy!! And fuck that asshole who tried to make him fight. Piece of shit.

·
Registered
275 Posts
another pit saved :mullet::clap2:

i rescued my pit from shelter 10 years ago. they picked him up and since he was un-chipped un-neutered they were gonna put him down without even tryign to find him a home. luckily a friend was there when he came in and immediately gave me a call.

me and my wife went down there and offered to give him a home, they said no. at the time our youngest kid was only 4 and they wouldnt let that "vicious" dog go to a home with children. so, my wife went and got the kid and brought him to the shelter. They played fetch for about 20 minutes before the shelter finally gave in and let us take him home.

he's about 13 years old now, best dog i've ever had the privledge of owning. he's getting old, cant jump up in the truck anymore or onto the bed and he's still winning over everyone who meets him.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts