Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what axle matches the corperate 9.25 that came stock in my 2003 dakota, i want to swap to a solid front axle, i was wondering if there is a solid axle that is the same width, i think some guy on here got a dana 44 high pinion out of a 70's truck but not sure if it is the same width
, sorry i posted this is 3rd gen dak but i didnt see this part of the forum

·
R/T ON 44's
590 Posts
Well the point is getting a axle under it.you can always get spacers etc to compensate for the difference if your worried about it.also the lug pattern on the front axle is going to be different.so you can get two different lug pattern wheels,get another rear axle to mach the front or get wheel adapters.you can also get blank rotors and have them drilled/studded to mach the rears six lug.anyway,what size tire are you going to run?then you can narrow down your axle choices.

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
The 77.5-79 Fullsize Ford 1/2 ton axles are the same width as the rear axle in your Dak, 65" wheel mount to wheel mount. They are a D44 HP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not going to run huge tires i mostly just want to have the solid axle, so maybe 33-35, but that is the axle i am looking for, d44 hd out of a ford, it will be strange with drum brakes in the front and disc in the back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you convert the corpertate 9.25 axles to a 8 bolt stud pattern? without using those stupid plates?

·
Chevy SUCKS!!!!!!!
1,685 Posts
Not that I'm aware of, and the D44 HP in the late 70s Fords have disc brakes and are 5x5.5 lug pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts