Dakota Durango Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Wow spun the 14 bolt. What where you doing when that happen?
Running Mason Jar. There is a 5-6' vertical ledge at the top of it. I got over it, but paid the price LOL!

I'm definately going ahead with the 4 link plans now, just have to decide to keep the bed and rear frame and work around everything, or ditch the bed and back-half similar to how we did my buddies S-10 in the photo of us on the trailer. I really like the look of having my bed and being able to haul stuff, but the strength and ease to build around the rear truggied out would be nice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just watched your youtube videos.. man that thing is b.a!! did you ever get to take it to river rock in Georgia before it closed down?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Did you weld the tubes on your 14 before you spun them or were they just plug welded? Do you run a traction bar?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Ever thought about Shortening your wheel base?
I did when I first built it, but now I love it. Don't think I would make one any shorter if I were building again. Everyone sees this bus coming and tells me there's no way to wheel with it, but I go anywhere I want with the help of my sliders and exo!

did you ever get to take it to river rock in Georgia before it closed down?
No I didn't, hate I missed it.

Did you weld the tubes on your 14 before you spun them or were they just plug welded? Do you run a traction bar?
Just the factory plug welds. I did weld around the tubes on my D60 front, but since I was running traction bars on both sides on the rear, I didn't think I would ever need them welded, boy was I wrong! I bent one of my traction bars and broke the bracket that mounts it to the frame so that I what let is spin a tube.

I have another 14 bolt sitting in the shop so other than scraping up the money to do the links, I can be back up and running pretty quick. I have another trip planned here after the holidays so it will be done by then.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Well long overdue update, but this truck is sold. I still have it in my possession, but I have received cash and a trade for it. I took another Dakota in on trade with tons and 42's but it needs to be finished. I will do another tread for it when I get slowed down with work enough to have time to touch it. Some of you are probably already familiar with the truck from here on the forum.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Love this build! It is the inspiration for mine! Thanks for sharing.

Okay, I'm stuck and need a little help. I bought the SGI-5 from Digital Dakota to convert the signal from the tranny to what the speedo needs to work since I don't have a speed sensor now in the rear end. My problem is that I have a 5 speed which doesn't have the other speed sensor like an auto. I have the 233d tcase with electric speed sensor. Does anybody know which color of wires I would use to tap into to get a speed signal? I can use the SGI-5 to convert it to the correct ppm, I just need to get a signal and am not sure which wire(s) to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
What ever came of this? Was you able to tap of the tcase, can you explain? I'm in the same boat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love this build! It is the inspiration for mine! Thanks for sharing.

What ever came of this? Was you able to tap of the tcase, can you explain? I'm in the same boat.
Nothing ever came if this. Speedo still does not work. I own the truck now and have been slowly fixing all the mistakes on this “build”. I’m going to put a dodge Dana 70 under it to fit that problem. Truck is in jack stands now, just cut all the links mounts off today. Truck was extremely unsafe and the welds were complete garbage.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts