Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone sas a first gen becuase i cant find a post of any or very good pics. my friend is looking to do it to his 91 after he swaps the 360 in and the manual trans. any help on this topic is muchly thanked._Anthony.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
It's been done, :sorry: no other info.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im starting a sas on a 94 dakota:mullet:. Ive looked and looked and a couldnt find a build thread anywhere either. I plan on making a thread once i get to putting it together.

·
keep your stick onthe ice
1,058 Posts
My experience is the 44s axle joints will fail first followed by the shafts and will eventually snap the knuckle off at which point everyone I know that has had one upgraded to a 60 (myself included). There is also the occasional ring and pinion/diff breakage but I haven't seen a lot of that.

I also quit offroading because I got sick of fixing stuff. Before that happened I got a HP44 that I was planning to run in the front of my 92 with a 9 1/4 out back on 35s. Some day that will still happen.

·
Registered
115 Posts
its all a matter of what type of wheeling your going to do. for mall crawling or mudding the 44's will be fine but most major wheeling will destroy them with bigger then 35-36 inch tires. its a "9 out of 10" deal. you may be the one to not have a single problem. im just saying that bigger then 35-36's greatly raises the chance of breaking

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actualy they used them as daily drivers and weeked trail rigs but they used them for snow wheeling the most up here in the great north west. they both live in the mountains so they had to have a all go rig.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
6' deep snow isand with the weight of the suburban on the dana 44 its gonna do fine for what we do up here and what do you know you have a 2wd

1 - 20 of 29 Posts