Dakota Durango Forum banner

Sad news for Gateway Int'l in St. Louis

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Blue93Dakota 
#1 ·
Dover Motorsports, Inc. announces closing of Gateway International Raceway
Release date: November 3, 2010
Sr. Vice President - Finance

Dover Motorsports, Inc. (NYSE: DVD) announced today that it was ceasing all operations at Gateway International Raceway.

The company previously announced that it would not seek to run any NASCAR Series events at the facility in 2011. The track ran its final NASCAR Nationwide Series event on October 23, 2010.

Denis McGlynn, President and CEO of Dover Motorsports, stated: “Gateway is a tremendous facility in a great racing community, but we are simply unable to operate it with an acceptable return. We truly appreciate the many years of dedication shown by our Gateway employees and their efforts to make Gateway such a great destination for all those passionate about our sport – from racing fans and drivers to sponsors, team owners and sanctioning bodies.”

The majority of the track is leased from third parties. The company owns approximately 150 acres of the facility and has been in discussions with several interested purchasers.

Read more: http://crossbonesracing.proboards.c...eway&action=display&thread=1584#ixzz14FRRipHy

See less See more
#7 ·
That sucks. Indy is a great track though.

#9 ·
I plan on going as well. Hopefully in the truck.

#12 ·
Maybe both. We'll see. Maybe just to watch if I don't start getting some parts in.

#14 ·
I'll race if the truck is ready and able. Otherwise if I can drive it there, but not race then just show. Still got time to think about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.