Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my truck a set of the sabersport style headlights. I am hopefully installing them soon if the weather in Erie is cooperative (stinks not having a garage to work in). Anyhow, to decrease the amount of time I spend out in the elements installing them I figured I would ask those of you that have them already.
I bought the set from JM Auto on here and they seem very well constructed. They have a direct headlight style plug for the headlights. They also have a bulb base for the 194 marker light. They have a twist in plug for the inside turn signal and a 3157-style bulb base for the LEDs. They have what I am assuming is a resistor the LEDs (its a box that has wires running into it, but none coming out and two-sided tape on the box). They also have wires and a box with a electric board in it. These wires are bare and I am assuming are for the CCFL halos.
I get the simple plug-n-play concepts for the headlights, marker lights and inside turn bulb. But I'd like to have the LEDs to work as running lights and turn signals. So how I hook them up (or splice them to) to get this function out of them. Is this how they work normally? As for the CCFL halos, I assume I can just hook them up to that marker plug and they will come on with the running lights?
Thanks guys for any help. Like I said, I'd like to get these as quickly and painlessly as possible. I am having them aimed by my mechanic when the truck gets inspected in a week (hopefully).

·
Registered
520 Posts
You're pretty much right on! The 194 marker, just pull out and put the orange bulb into the harness on your truck and screw the factory one into the new lights. The hole with the white round tape over it, you will use one of the sockets from your old lights, remove the bulb and plug the plug that is in that into the socket then screw it in. On one of mine, when the plug went all the way in the leds wouldn't work, so I cut a small length of wire and pushed it into the socket to prevent the plug from going in too far. So far so good (2 days later heh) So make sure you check the operation before getting them all mounted in.

I only ran the leds as turns, but hskrRT says "I have mine wired up to where the LEDs come on with the parking lights and blink "off" with the blinker. So when you have the blinker on, the inside 3157 bulb will blink brighter as the LEDs turn off, and vice versa so it looks like they are alternating." and how to do it: S"wap the outside two wires on the connector for the LEDs to make the leds run as turn and running lights."

As far as actual installation, it wasn't too bad (putting HID in there too make for a lot of wires though lol) you will need to adjust the 3 adjuster screws though, one of which you can only get to from the back using pliers or reverse torx (I think is what it is called). My passenger side had a strange fit, and I kinda had to flex the housing to get the 3rd bolt in. *shrug*

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts