Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 4X4 SLT Durango, that only recently crossed the 30,000 mile mark.

I recently rec'd a flyer in the mail from my dealer (OC Dodge) advertising a "major 30,000 mile service" for $234.95. I called to inquire and they told me my vehicle is a 4X4 and the proper service would be more like $750.00!! (which included a lot of things NOT listed in the service manual like cleaning injectors, fuel filter, synth diff fluid etc etc).

What do people pay for 30,000 mile service? What is really required?

My vehicle is out of warranty at this point, so does it matter if I do dealer servicings or not? Can anyone recommend a good independent shop in my area (Orange County California)? Any info much appreciated.

Many thanks!!!!

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
A good portion of this stuff you can do yourself if only slightly mechanically inclined. The fuel filter is buried in the gas tank and should not need changing w/o symptoms. If you are interested in DYI I can post a copy of the reccommended service for your mileage. :banana2:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, thanks very much for your helpl, I would appreciate if you could post the info. Is it contained in the Owners Manual as well? Do you know what a 30,000 mi service should cost approximately at a dealer or independent shop?
Cheers
M

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
95% of it ya can do yourself. basic hand tools and the necessary parts are all ya need. being a 4x4 ya are gonna get raped at the dealer. indies ~$300

BTW, what part of SoCal are ya in??

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
30,000 Change oil/filter, replace air filter, drain and refill automatic fluid and change filter (4.7) only. That's all thats listed for 30,000.

All this is in your owner's manual if you still have it. You can often find owner's manual or a service manual CD on e-bay cheap :banana2:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
hey bro
Im in OC also Huntington Beach. The service theire talking about is nothing more than fluids and stuff. I did it myself. If you dotn know how to do it come over to my house Ill walk you through it all. If you need a GOOD shop Call Chris at Bolsa Radiator in HB. Just tell him Rob with the white Dakota 4x4 sent you.
All and all doing it yourself is probably the cheapest way to do it. The only reason i took it to the dealer was because my buddy is a service advisor at the Chrysler dealer next to my house. I normally DTY.
Let em know
PM me and Ill give you my cell
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts