Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Poor, poor insurance companys. I can't believe the wind caused that much damage, you would think they could have done something better to prevent the tents and such from falling down.
They could have. Barrett Jackson did and they didn't have any problems at their auction and you could see the wind howling during a few days of the coverage.

All that hard work and money put into those cars :(

The Peterbilt doesn't look to be damaged.. am I missing the damage on it somewhere?

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Barrett Jackson auction is held on pavement at WestWorld, so the tent anchors were down thru the asphalt. The Russo & Steele auction is held in the desert on an unimproved lot with the anchors going into the dirt.... which turns to mud after 6" of rain. Not so good for cars.... or auctions.... or insurance companies..... or uninsured car owners.
lol Very true... From what I've read, some guys are bringing their cars to this auction instead of Barrett-Jackson now... But even I would think twice about bringing my $100,000+ car to an auction in the dirt with the weather forecast suggesting HORRIBLE conditions... On Barrett-Jackson they mentioned on the first day that they knew the weather was going to get bad... so its not like they didn't have time to abandon ship and take their stuff home... or put it in a trailer or something (I'm sure most of the cars weren't driven there). Sucks that once the storms hit they weren't allowed near the tents or able to cover their cars and stuff.

I hate on Barrett-Jackson a lot lol... but they did come through here by getting everything buttoned up and prepared before the storms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.