Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend there was to be an auction by Russo & Steele at the same time as the Barret Jackson auction. There was a storm that came up, the following link is to a site with pictures of the damage to the cars at R & S. From what I had heard there was no damage at BJ.
http://www.allclassicsllc.com/home/2010-russo-and-steele-damages
The pictures make you sick.

·
Registered
575 Posts
This weekend there was to be an auction by Russo & Steele at the same time as the Barret Jackson auction. There was a storm that came up, the following link is to a site with pictures of the damage to the cars at R & S. From what I had heard there was no damage at BJ.
http://www.allclassicsllc.com/home/2010-russo-and-steele-damages
The pictures make you sick.
It was really a shame.

They wouldn't let any body back in till sunday to even cover there damaged /exposed vehicles.....

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
omg i could cry!!!!! those pics could make me sick!!!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
who is responsible for the damage to the cars? r and s or car owners and how bad of storm was it looked like tornado or sumthun was close by that maybe threw stuff at the cars.

·
Turbo Dakota Junkie
1,912 Posts
50 mph winds and 200,000 square feet of tent canvas with multiple 30' long tent poles attached to it. The wind can do one hell of a lot of damage once that whole mess starts flailing around. It's not like you could ever begin to control something like that in the wind. With that much "wing" area, it's no wonder the whole works ended up blocking the freeway.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Poor, poor insurance companys. I can't believe the wind caused that much damage, you would think they could have done something better to prevent the tents and such from falling down.

·
2000 SLT+ 5.9L Platinum
2,543 Posts
Online, Hagerty is reportedly saying that of the 600 damaged autos, they have 100 or so of them insured and expect losses to be $1.5 million.

Some guys had no insurance at all. :huh: :funny:

IndyD

·
Registered
623 Posts
Poor, poor insurance companys. I can't believe the wind caused that much damage, you would think they could have done something better to prevent the tents and such from falling down.
They could have. Barrett Jackson did and they didn't have any problems at their auction and you could see the wind howling during a few days of the coverage.

All that hard work and money put into those cars :(

The Peterbilt doesn't look to be damaged.. am I missing the damage on it somewhere?

·
Turbo Dakota Junkie
1,912 Posts
They could have. Barrett Jackson did and they didn't have any problems at their auction and you could see the wind howling during a few days of the coverage.

All that hard work and money put into those cars :(

The Peterbilt doesn't look to be damaged.. am I missing the damage on it somewhere?
The Barrett Jackson auction is held on pavement at WestWorld, so the tent anchors were down thru the asphalt. The Russo & Steele auction is held in the desert on an unimproved lot with the anchors going into the dirt.... which turns to mud after 6" of rain. Not so good for cars.... or auctions.... or insurance companies..... or uninsured car owners.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The Barrett Jackson auction is held on pavement at WestWorld, so the tent anchors were down thru the asphalt. The Russo & Steele auction is held in the desert on an unimproved lot with the anchors going into the dirt.... which turns to mud after 6" of rain. Not so good for cars.... or auctions.... or insurance companies..... or uninsured car owners.
lol Very true... From what I've read, some guys are bringing their cars to this auction instead of Barrett-Jackson now... But even I would think twice about bringing my $100,000+ car to an auction in the dirt with the weather forecast suggesting HORRIBLE conditions... On Barrett-Jackson they mentioned on the first day that they knew the weather was going to get bad... so its not like they didn't have time to abandon ship and take their stuff home... or put it in a trailer or something (I'm sure most of the cars weren't driven there). Sucks that once the storms hit they weren't allowed near the tents or able to cover their cars and stuff.

I hate on Barrett-Jackson a lot lol... but they did come through here by getting everything buttoned up and prepared before the storms.

·
Insomniac
1,543 Posts
I probably wouldve left as soon as I heard a storm was comming... or at least put the car in the trailer.... that is of course it happened in the middle of the night or something... who knows. That just blows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts