Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure some of you guys here have some beefed systems, where did you run the power wire from under the hood through? Is there a honkin large grommet I can use or do I have to drill. If you drilled, where is a good place to do it so I don't drill into something important, lol. Its an 02 Durango

BTW, I'm talkin big power wire, not 4awg or anything. 0awg and larger, I got 2/0 welding cable.

:huh:

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
I ran mine from the battery to the foam padding stuff inbetween the engine compartment and the door and ran it under the carpet to my rear seats.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have two 4ga. wires ran side by side and they fit nicely through a rubber ring on the fire wall. All I had to do was cut a hole in it and feed it through. From there I ran it under the carpet about 4 inches inside of the doors, this way, i avoided virtually every obstacle. You might even want to consider running it under the truck. I know that on my durango, there are places under the carpet in the rear of the truck where you could cut a hole in a rubber piece to bring the wires into the truck. I am not sure as to how you would run it safely under truck, but i am just about positive it could be done. Good luck to ya...

·
Registered
69 Posts
you should be able to find the hole mentioned in the previous thread. if you look up by the master cylinder there is a rubber grommet that a lot of little wires go into. just slice it open a little bit bigger and you should have no problems, i've got a 4 guagve through it right now and will be putting a 1/0 guage in it when i get home and put my new stereo in!!! can't wait, just wondering when i will get home? oh well i'm having fun in germany and making hella cash compared to my civilian job.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks a lot guys, I did what spitz did. Worked nicely :)

But I still don't have bass :( I gotta sell my deep cells first so I can get new ones. I don't think I should try to run over 5KW on just a stock alt and thats it, lol.

I'd put em up for sale on here, but they shouldn't be run in a Durango, the bed of a pickup is fine though if anyone wants some big azz f'n batts :mullet: I live in Chicago.

Everything is ran! Its almost ready to wang :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts