Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a 2004 Quad Cab Dakota and due to the fact that my girlfriend is only 5 ft 1 its a little hard for her to jump into the truck... I like the looks of running boards on Durangos but havent seen many on Dakotas and was just looking for some advice of some that look good. Any pics would also be helpful. Thanks alot and also I have already seen some great looking rides on here and now I need to match up....

· Subscribed Member
140 Posts
?

Is your truck a 4x4? If so, i love the way round tube steps look. Ifs its a 4x2, then, well, come to think about it, im just like you, ive never seen running boards on a dak. I bet someone on her can come up with a pic.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it is 4x4 so I am just trying to get some ideas on what would look good and work best.... Im not gonna be taking it through the woods or down trails for a while so Im not too worried about that but I want something strong and that looks good. Someones gotta have some pics of didderent boards and bars.

· Registered
13 Posts
Nerf Bars

Personally, I would recommend going with the Nerf Bars. You can easily pick them up anywhere from $200 - $400 for a nice pair made for your vehicle and no drilling or cutting needed. Usually come in Black or Chrome and install in 15 to 30 minutes. To me, they are much easier to maintain than running boards and look sharper too. Also, if you go with the Nerf Bar, make sure you have a nice pair of mud flaps on the front or the bar will forever be dirty.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I want nerf bars

So I decided Im gonna get nerf bars but now I need to decide on whether to get Chrome or Black. My truck is the Dark gray metallic I forget the actual color name but its dark gray. It has no chrome right now and Im not sure when I will be adding more but give me your opinion.... Thanks

· Administrator
12,575 Posts
My Quad is black and I have the black nerf bars. If I were you I would get black if there is no other chrome on it and you don't plan on adding any. If you do than you could consider getting the chrome ones. If price is an issue the black ones are cheaper. But is really up to you since its your truck. If you wanna see what they look like on my truck its in the vBgarage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.