Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a little while ago I started to hear this "rubbing" noise comming from the right front. I only hear it when I back out of my drive way, and not all the time. sometime I hear it will turning to the right (backing up). It kinda sounds like the tire is hitting the mud flape or the wheel well but I know there is no way that is possible.....any thoughts???

S

·
0 Posts
they only thing i could think of is maybe you have some rust build up on you front rotors, possibly rubbing against the dust sheild behind the rotor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I seem to have this problem too, same deal only when backing ant turning right. Did you ever find out what it was?
mine seems to do a quick grab only in what seem to be one spot as the wheel turns. almost seems like when it makes the rubbing noise there is a good amount of resistance and I can feel it pulling too.

I jacked the front tire up a little and spun it by hand and I could get the lugs of the tire to rub the frame but that is not the noise it is making. it is not the tires

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i just had a similar problem. mine started out just like this where turning a certain way would make it sound like the tire was scrapping the fender well. i just hit a deer a couple weeks ago so i had thought it was from that cause the liner had broke and the bumper was pushed back some. i kept getting out to see what was rubbing and couldn't figure it out. a week later it got worse and quite loud during left turns and then started making some awful noises on the way home one day. at that point i started to suspect a hub/bearing. got home and jacked it up and sure enough the right hub is completely blown and wobbles a lot in all directions. very unsafe and i'm glad i made it home lol.

check out the bearings before they totally fail. it seems they can sneek up like this and then just blow one day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts