Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Boost.....coming soon :D
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious in the differences in engine, suspension, or anthing else between the rt's and non-rt's with the 5.9 engines. I found a 00' quad cab 2wd with a 5.9 which i'm sort of pondering on getting, but was wondeing if the r/t will give me more bang for the buck?

·
Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
if it was a production installed 5.9 in a Dakota RC or CC it is a R/T. in `00 the QC had the 5.9 as a option but didnt get the perf suspension and *maybe* 10 or so less HP.

if its a great deal, by all means grab it.

·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats sounds right...i knew it was an option to get a 5.9 and after looking throughout the market I now know why i can pretty much only find the 5.9 in an rt. theres tons of 3.9's and 4.7's in cc/qc's but this is the first 5.9 i've found. Maybe I should just keep looking for an rt.

·
Scared? We're all scared
86 Posts
You can pretty much do the same thing to either one, so it all depends on what you want to do: haul a$$ or haul people.

·
Sideways on Sundays
984 Posts
The "non R/T" 5.9 is only down 5hp from the "R/T" 5.9 from the factory. The R/T just comes with a different exhaust the gives the extra 5hp. And then like the others said, the 1" lowered suspension and factory sway bars.

·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can pretty much do the same thing to either one, so it all depends on what you want to do: haul a$$ or haul people.
True, I like to have the option of hauling people when i need to instead of craming them into the back, but people are messy and don't treat it like it was there car :cussing: Plus its a good excuse to put miles on someone else's car :jester: Not to mention I like the speed issue better.
I found an 03' RT at a dodge dealership about 50min away and thought it was probably an upgrade trade-in for the person so decided to go check it out. I first called the dealership to make sure it was still there and in good condition (he said yes/yes). I also spent almost 24hrs tearing everything out of my truck (engine mods, system, alarm, putting it to stock). So I drove through two of the big southern cali. fires on the 118 just to get there and find out it was mexi-fied (not trying to be racial :sorry: ) It had some 20's on it but the tires had CHUNKS missing from curbs, The cheapest pep-boys plastic painted grill i've ever seen,scratches and dents on EVERY panel, and some-shitty job tring to cover up an accident with pounds of bondo, poorly sanded, on the fender! That poor truck has been raped up the @$$ by these [email protected]$*^*$ Sorry but theres only a couple things i'll ever buy at pepboys (oil,wipers...) and plastic silver grill insert is not one of them- :jester:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
that sucks man,... you might think about getting it a little longer... you gotta look at the truck under neith all the BS. You can fix things, paint it whatever color you want... cause lets face it... R/T's will not be a collectors item.

Paul

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
What about a one of a kind half R/T and half SLT? :biggthump

·
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Now Nitrous Injected!!!
704 Posts
Drop in a 360 humm.......Why didn't I think of it. Thats how R/T are so fast. LOL :jester:

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
scat_pack_dal said:
but i thought they didn't look good... and hey wanna race?
well, i actually really dont like Gen IIIs, i really dont like any car besides my truck, i wanted to join the air force and trade my Gen II in, but since then, ive grown more and more attatched to my truck. And as far as racing....GO! vvvvrrrroooooooommm, U WIN!

G

·
nice .. i love r/t's in white... n for that price i'd yank that sucker.. i spend 14k for mine with 69k miles on it... : / find out how many miles that baby have ?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.