Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Royal Guard alarm system and I was just wonder how good they are. Its got the 2-way paging, LCD remotes, proximity sensor, driver recognition for hands free arming and disarming, and remote start and starter disable.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
How much did that setup cost you? And how does it recognize the driver "hands free"? I have never heard of Royal Gaurd, but it might be a new company. If you got all that for a decent price I might get me one :)

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was $120 + S&H, and the microwave sensor was supposed to be an extra $20, but it was sent with mine anyway, accident? Not sure. And it recognizes the hands free by getting a signal from the remote, if "AUTO" is on and you have the keys with the remote in your pocket, when you get within 3-10 meters of the vehicle it disarms the alarm and unlocks the doors. It does the same to Arm it, once you shut all the doors it waits 5 seconds and as long as the remote is out of the 3-10m range it arms the vehicle and rolls up the windows if its set up that way. Its a pretty cool setup. Has tons of other features like anti-hyjacking mode and all kinds of stuff.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
that sounds bad as all hell. How hard is it to install? Where can I get mine?

:-D :mullet:

·
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found mine on Ebay. It isn't all that hard to install as long as you have a little electrical common sense and good wiring information on your vehicle, some things you gotta be careful with and some are hard to locate, but it isn't overly hard.
You might run into some problems that require the use of extra relays and what not, but usually your local stereo shop will hook you up with some. And depending on the vehicle you put it in you may need a bypass module as well, but the stereo shop should have that too, or V.I.P. has some, but they arent as good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts