Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know the parts numbers to run a round filter system? actually the drop base part number. I think it was a 3.5 or 4.5 off set, not sure though. Steve, I think you posted it before but I lost the info.

thanks,
scott

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'd like to know too...This is the type of intake I want for mine once I get one. I know the older gen didn't have a problem with clearances whatsoever, but the newer style I haven't been able to investigate much yet.
I used to have a '94 Dak Sport with a round open element air cleaner and it worked great.

M

·
0 Posts
There out there. I am/was interested in one also but I think I'll stick to my CAI for now. I think K&N sells them. And Edelbrok, etc. Filter companys.

If you guys know Shrek ask him. Anyway I was wondering where the PCV connection goes on those filters.

Good luck.

·
Registered
373 Posts
i had a 10 inch round air cleaner on my 00 dak with the 3.9 and i didnt need a drop or offset base. it fit no problem. just had to watch the kickdown cable my pcv hose got in the way.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
HAWAII R/T said:
Anybody know the parts numbers to run a round filter system? actually the drop base part number. I think it was a 3.5 or 4.5 off set, not sure though. Steve, I think you posted it before but I lost the info.

thanks,
scott

It's a 1.5" offset, no drop. K&N part #85-3540

At that point you can pick whatever 14" diameter filter or lid you wish.

·
Registered
170 Posts
sorry bringing bacvk old thread but do you need anything else to bolt that fikter on...i got the filter and the base coming friday. Truck is in shop for tranny rebuild ( :cussing: ) and id like to have what i need before it gets back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts