Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a problem with my idle. It happens a lot, but it's not like others I read about when I did a search. Mine seems to like to idle around 6-700. When it's there, the idle feels fine. A lot of times it will drop to 500 and get rough. It's not bad enough to kill te engine, but rather it feels like I have some really hard bass hitting.

A few times I have turned off the radio just to be sure that it wasn't the music I was feeling. When I turn the AC on it will do it, when I come to a stoplight, it will do it.

It seems common sources of idle issues is th Air Intake Valve (where is it?) or a TPS.

Anyone wanna take a stab? I am not getting an engine light or anything.

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
I have the same prob with my dak. but when I start it up cold sometimes it tidles so rough that it seems like its missing. but when I turn my AC on it idle goes to about 800 I would say just below the 1 mark. I have basically the same question up in the TS fourm but no one has replied to it yet. I was thinking TPS or I think some people talks about the MAP sensor(is it map sensor?) tweak too.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
try cleaning your IAC on the back of the TB. That fixed my idle problems. I would idle around 600 go to put it in gear and it would die... I just picked up another sensor rather than cleaning it. It ran $35

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
BlackDak said:
How do I go about cleaning it? Is it just carbon buildup or what?
I didn't clean mine, but from what I've read others took it off and cleaned it with carb cleaner. Two torx screws hold it on

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
I took mine off but it only had 1 scew in it. it was covered in carbon and cleaned it some with carb cleaner. noticed a major difference in the idle. one Q i have is. how much can I spray the cleaner on it. can yo uharm it by spraying too much on it. another Q I have is the housing that it goes i nto on the TB how do yo uclean that or do yo uclean it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts