Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Durango is Black and I have a chrome front grill. I see some other Dur/Dak driving around with a Black front grill. Does it come stock on some Black?
I want mine Black!!! Like yesterday, LOL

And my Durango has a 2" lift already and 33's but there not very wide. I'm going to order the 3" body lift, which one is the best to buy? and with the 5" of total lift now after the B/L goes on, what is the max tire I can run?

Will a 35 fit? or will it be better just to run the 33 with a 12.5 wide tires?

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
not sure on the tires, but grab a grill from a Black Dakota R/T. any year will work as 97-03 will interchange on 95% of the parts.

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
My Durango is Black and I have a chrome front grill. I see some other Dur/Dak driving around with a Black front grill. Does it come stock on some Black?
I want mine Black!!! Like yesterday, LOL
Go to auto part store and get spray paint...easiest way that I know of

I painted the chrome grille on my Charger years ago

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have an anwser to the tires size?

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
i fit 33's on my kota with just a body lift, no suspension. and theres a guy on here somewhere that says he stuffed 33x12.5's on stock rims, stock suspension with no rubbing on his rango. you should be good to fit 35's with the two lifts, just make sure you have rims with an offset so you dont rub at full turn.

as for the grille... put an ad up in the wanted section and give it a little time. guys with R/T's (color matched grills from the factory) swap them out all the time for aftermarket. i wouldnt suggest painting it with a rattle can unless your gonna put the prep time into it. which better be good, cause the grille catches the worst of the elements when your on the road, and a quick paint job will look like ass in a hurry if not done right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts