Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was browsing around looking at rollpans and i noticed that some are made of urethane, fiberglass, and some steel..i was considering doing a SS rollpan (which is urethane) i was just wondering which is best or does it really matter? know a good place to buy? and a bed cover....im thinkin about doing a ultra-lift soft cover...anybody have one of these or know if there any good? thanks for the help

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
I've got an SS roll pan and they're good. However for the off road guys it's a good idea to have a steel one. For street use, urethane will hold up just fine. Save your money on a soft cover and get a hardtop, you'll be happier with it anyway. The checkmate FX flushmount cover is the best priced hardtop and looks great, look into that one.

·
July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
No prob bro :biggthump
checkerpro.com is where the tonneaus are at and for the roll pan go to streetbeatcustoms.com and mention my name and my truck if you talk to Nick and he should give you a deal

·
One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
Im not much on roll pans... i dont want someone rear ending my bed. At least a bumper helps protect it some.

As for tonneau covers... it depends on what you plan on using the truck for. If you think you are going to have to remove the cover a lot, get a soft one. I have an extang classic platinum, and its a great cover. It has adjustable snaps for cold or summer. $219 shipped to your door from summit.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
404 Posts
i think a steel rollpan would b the best idea, i see all kinds of trucks around here with cracked fiberglass, jus looks like a crappy civic when its not kept up right, i would hate to spend money on the pan and the paint for it just to crack. good luck though

·
Back in black
2,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys thanks for all the input...im just gonna do alot of planning and browsing around and not rush into nething and have to change it later...thats what i did with my exhaust, just wanted to hurry up and get somthin on there and now im plannin on switchin it out to spintechs true duals from GSM sucks cause i could have took the money from the 1st exhaust and put it to somthin else, oh well ...but again i appreciate all the help guys, thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
go with the urethane one. the steel ones are nice in the sence they are steel, but the urethane ones hold up the best. Fiberglass is probably the worst beacuse they dont flex much, they just crack and will look like shit. If u get some one to spray a unethane one with some flex in the paint, u can take a hit, and the paint will still look damn good. and urethane doesnt really dent, like a steel one would.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.