Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering something.
I have 4" Dual Exhaust tips. What would i do with them if I were to get a roll pan? Would it look funny with them hanging down?

thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
Depends on how you have them now, if there flush with the stock bumber then they will stick out the back of the truck the witdh of the bumber i think it's like 6 or 8 inches out, so it will look dumb, if you have the roll pan and they sit flush with it, it will look really good...i have to re route mine because of my lowering kit, so mine are going to be side exits by the end of june

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
i dont think it would look good any way unless maybe if u cut holes and stuck them through, but i think that would have to be flush to look good

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmmm, i wasn't even thinking about sticking out behind it, although i gues that would post the biggest problem. i need to pay more attention. :drool: Yeah, i dont want to cut holes and put them through the roll pan. I will probably have to just cut the pipe, and re-weld the tips on, becuase they stick out flush with my stock bumper. not that big a deal, I just wasn't thinking about that part.

Thanks!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, that would look REALLY bad....that's why i made sure to mention it, there's a dak that has that around where i'm from and it's looks god awful....mine is getting re routed to indront the pass tire because of my low kit need to have clearance

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
easiest solution for ya is to cut the tips off and do turndowns right at the rollpan. cheapest also. cause all ya have to do is cut the existing pipe, add turn downs from auto zone with clamps and walla.

oooorrrrr...... just cut the pipes and leave er b.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should i leave it with my tips out flush with the edge of my rollpan, or just have them back under. of course, a turndown is an option too, but i like my exhaust tips. lol

·
Registered
406 Posts
Keep your tips just do what you were planning cut out the amount from behind the tips and weld them back up, there you have it, no cost to you really a shop would do it for like maybe 10 bucks at the most, considering getting my entire exhaust set up moved from dual out both side to dual out infront of the pass tires, is only gonna cost me 100 CDN.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts