Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this controller? If so, does anyone have the wiring diagram for a 4.7l?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I can help you out!!
Shoot me an email.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How you like that 68mm tb? Im thinkin about gettin a 68 or 70

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
107 Posts
Surferpunk22:
I really like my Fastman TB, Dan does great work at a very reasonable price.
Oh by the way did you get the ROE hooked up?
If you need to talk to me, my work number is at the bottom of my last email.

Later Dude...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, didn't get it hooked up just yet, I had to go meet my soon to be g/f's parents last night:slice: , so I'm gonna try to get to it today. Only thing is, I need a gauge pillar pod for my a/f gauge so I can start to play around with the controller. Also, I only have one more question bout the controller, I need to cut the green striped wire twice right? Hook the green wire from the roe to the green striped wire on the MAP sensor, then the purple wire from the roe to the green striped wire leading to the pcm right?

·
Registered
107 Posts
No problem.

NO, don't cut it twice. Look at your MAP sensor. There are three wires coming out of it, they are:
Orange - 5 volt supply
Black/Light Blue stripe - Ground
Dark Green/Red stripe - MAP Sensor Signal

The Dark Green/Red stripe goes to the PCM. At the MAP sensor peel back the tape about 2 inches and cut the Dark Green/Red striped wire into. Connect the Green wire from the ROE to the Dark Green/Red striped wire going to the MAP and Purple wire to the other half of the Dark Green/Red striped wire that goes on to the PCM. Thats it! I hope I'm explaining this good enough. If now feel free to call me 850-505-6906.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, you explained it perfectly, and I feel stupid cuz i said cut twice.....I was tired this morn. HAHA, but yeah I know whats goin on now. Thanks man. i'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
107 Posts
No Problem, Glad to help!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious...what settings are you runnin on your controller? I'm prolly not gonna have my a/f gauge hooked up for about a week, so I'm just lookin for some ideas. Thanks again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got the Low knob set on about (+) 4%, and the High knob at (-) 20%. Here is my reasoning; Our trucks run lean at idle and rich at WOT. I'm going to leave mine set like that until I'm able to get back to the dyno for somemore fine tune adjustments at WOT. If your engine pings you may want to richen the adjustment especially on the high knob. Tomorrow I'll email you the adjustment procedure from the manual if you want it.

I'll chat with you tomorrow!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man that'll be great.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well I have it installed, but now my check engine light is on. Is that suppose to happen?

·
Registered
107 Posts
No mine never trip a MIL light. Are you sure you have everything connected right?
Did you start off with the controller at 0 (zero) on both Low and High knobs?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup, its gone now.......it just went off by itself.....didn't even have a chance to get ther code....oh well

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's good, you had me worried there!
Did you get the adjustment procedures I sent you?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yup, but I don't have acrobat reader at my office...and if I dl it...the computer loser will get pissed. HAHA...maybe if I steal his pocket protector I can dl it, print everything out, then delete it. Thanks for all your help!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check your email, I finally got it converted to a Word Doc.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awesome, thanks. When you get some #'s from the dyno...lemme know.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts