Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rock-

Just wanted to know what bulbs you were using in your clear corner/headlight setup. Can you give me the brand and part #'s for each bulb? Also, do you know where are the cheapest places to find these bulbs? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
head lights - APC xenon superwhites $25 9007
turns - APC icy hots $12 (2ea) 3157
park - APC icy hot $8 194
i just ran to pep-buys and picked mine up. couldn't wait. you can get them a lot cheaper online probably. good luck. can't wait to see your pics. don't forget to change your fog lites too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
old joke

head lights - APC xenon superwhites: $25
turns - APC icy hots: $12
park - APC icy hot: $8
having people want to make their trucks just like yours: Priceless

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
that's funny :slap:
we get ideas from each other. I've been known to high jack some mods too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It is not Rock's fault that he has the best light set up here. The only thing that he does not have is the Hella Angel Eyes for fog lights. Those look awesome, Dodgeboy has those.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just ordered these bulbs for my clear corner combo setup:
Headlights: Sylvania Silver Star High Performance Halogen Bulb
Turns: Sylvania Silverstar High performance signal light bulbs
Park: APC Superwhite Bulbs

Should look pretty sweet. Can't wait to get them in.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
can't wait to see your pics. did u order fogs too? not to mention you'll be legal with those. the silverstars blink amber. I have em on my bike

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Yea... I have EuroLite Headlight Bulbs, EuroLite Fog Light bulbs... both sets shine pure white and very bright at night... and the sylvania corner bulbs.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
look'n good cyclone

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Yea I used to have a photo with all the lights on at night but I cant find it. O well. I might take some more some day.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rock

I am having some trouble finding replacement bulbs for the fog light set-up. What are you using and where did you get them. Thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
luks 885's. be careful again on wattage. they'll crack or melt those plastic lenses. I believe you can run 883's also. the only difference is one's straight plug in and the other is an elbow.

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry about bringing an old thread back but I was wondering about the foglights myself. What wattage is safe to run with replacement bulbs and are there any good fog setups that arent blue out there. I really dont want blue showing when the lights are off just white. I plan on getting sylvanias for the headlights but dont know what to get for the fogs that would look good with it because i dont want them mismatched in color.

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
What you need are the bulbs I use. They are called EuroLite. They have the slightest purple tint on them, to make them shine pure white, which they do. They make the 9007 headlight bulb, and the fog bulbs. The number of the fog bulbs you need depend on the year of your truck. I cant remember the numbers for them.

I think you can only get the Super Plasma ones on Ebay now, but Id still chekc circuit city first. The Super Plasmas are the ones that are tinted light purple, or blue, but they dont leave a reflection. There are other kinds of EuroLites but only the Super Plasmas are purple or blue. They are also stock wattage, so they wont cause a problem with burning wires or harnesses.

The headlights can be found here, and I paid $18 for them in the store, so I'd get these If I were you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7916440178&category=36476

As for the fogs, they should be available also. You just have to find the number you need, and search this below.

http://search.ebay.com/Eurolite_W0Q...agenumZ1QQfromZR10QQsorecordstoskipZ0QQsotrZ2

Hope it helps ya.

~CYCLONE_06

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the info, i had eurolites in my 99ram and they looked a little to blue for me at certain angles and at night they showed white if you looked straight on at them and had only a very slight tint of blue on the road, they lit up well but i just like the solid white look better. So the fogs are 885's or 883's? I dont want to have to pull one out to find out.

S

·
0 Posts

I like the bottom round bulbs in these wich are sylvanias right? The eurolite superplasmas dont look like they have alot of blue tint from the picture i was looking at on the link you gave and thats good, its just finding what fogs to get thats getting annoying. On one site it said that i should have 894s is this correct?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As long as the 894 bulb turns at 90 degree angle you are allset. I just put 893's for fogs, I had to modify the housing a litlle bit, because the bulbs were straight and not at a 90 angle. And by the way the bulbs you are talking about are the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs 3157.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts