Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cody W
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy an 01 Dak CC 4X4 with the 4.7 v8. Do most dakotas come with limited slip? Will they preform a brakestand easily? Any videos of 4x4 smokin the tires, all I can find is R/Ts. thanks

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Alot of the daks come with LSD units but not all, Mine didnt but Itll still burn up both rear tires :biggthump as long as im not on gravel with one tire and concrete under the other. These trucks have absolutely no problem lightin em up. :mullet: Im on my 3rd set of tires just from that. Lol
:rofl:

·
Fuel Monster
2,500 Posts
my 3.9 can light 'em up with no problem. :mullet:
Here's a shot of my old good years. No more smoke shows with my new wheels :cussing:

Attachments

·
REGISTERED ABUSER
1,520 Posts
whats the easy way to light up tires with a manuel....i light them a lil at lights..heavy foot

but on my automatic 86 coagar i just held the brakes and slamed the gas and could spin for hours..

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
I can light up my 33x12.5's easily with the 4.7 V8. It's also a bit nicer with the optional 3.92 gears vs. the 3.55's. It's not like my engine is completely stock either though. ;)

·
Cody W
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yellowkota2k you dont happen to want to sell your dakota do you? lol, that is one awesome truck- pretty much exactly what i am looking for

·
Banned
8,203 Posts
:rofl: Nope, the truck won't be for sale for a looooonnnnggggg time. I've had it for 2 years and it's gone through a lot of changes, but I plan on at least another 2 years of even more changes. ;)

·
I bleev u have mai staplr
3,954 Posts
Anyone can do a brake stand. I could brake stand my old POS 84 Chevette. They just dont seem to impress me :sorry: . Once you break traction youll spin for as long as you want.

·
Cody W
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well...I got a QC with the 4.7 and you guys are right, it dont take much to brake em loose

·
Registered
406 Posts
Manual is pretty easy too, just hard if you have larger feet, and a brake stand is hard for me since on the manuals the brake pedal and gas are quite close together. but just rev it up, drop the clutch to break them loose and quickly move over to the brake and apply pressure accordingly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts