Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Schaw Flapping Pus
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we lost a great friend and a great father. Captain Phil Harris passes away today. Jan 30,2010 Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie.

You will be missed. I was in the middle of my work out and when my wife text the the bad news. I couldnt work out any more and came right home and read and watched it on the Discovery chanel.....

He such a bad ass!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
7,509 Posts
well he has been dancing with death for a few years now. To bad he is dead but he died doing what he loved. They say the captains job of a crab boat will put you in an early grave. think bomb squad would be less stressful than captain of a crab boat.

god speed Phil you will be missed.

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts

·
Don't be "That Guy"
7,400 Posts
Phil was the guy with the beard, smoked a lot, was coughing up blood in the previous season? sad to see him go, but sounds like he died doing what he loves!

·
lost in translation
4,032 Posts
no doubt,it's sad though,you could really tell how strong of a bond he had with his kids,but his crew as well,he was having a hardtime with the last season from what i member,he truly seemed like he was a helluva guy...
r.i.p phil...

·
eat cheese or die!
663 Posts
i'll miss ya phil. r.i.p.

·
Registered
139 Posts
He died doing what he loved so much. My thoughts n prayers go out to his family. I know how close he was to his boys and whole crew. He fought it tooth n nail to the very end. NOw he is kicking the hell out of those crabs in Heaven. LOL
RIP Phil

·
A GUY
473 Posts
wow, it is too bad he is gone. He really found a place in my heart through the show. As like everyone else said. At least it was doing what he loved, Not in some nursing home.

·
Banned
28,625 Posts
Who saw that coming? Hell he was always smoking in that captns chair. Who woulda thunk it that a stroke got him first? 2x on him dying doing what he loved.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts