Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Evil98rt:

bah... nitrous dont count lol

I just can't figure out why its so slow on the motor.

257 rwhp, 327 rwtq... yet I turn 14.6s with slicks... ew. 2.18 60ft, no spin.

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Dakrt7:

Well i have 219hp and 303lbs on motor :( and i run a 15.5 motor

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Dakrt7 said:
Well i have 219hp and 303lbs on motor :( and i run a 15.5 motor
weird. when I was stock I ran 15.5 then I put K&N on and did a 14.9. added mopar PCM and 52mm fastman, did 14.7.... all this was with stock RSA's.

then I added m-1, and spun like a mofo, but still pulled 14.8s, but with 3mph higher trap speed. now I've added all this stuff, and slicks, I dont spin even on street tires (unless I launch at like 1200rpm) and I run a 14.6. thats 2k worth of mods for .1, talk about OUCH!

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I had the 360intake, JBA Headers and BFG Drag Radials when i ran the 15.5 when i only had 360intake i ran 15.78. For some reason the headers did'nt help as much as i thought they would.

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[Originally posted by Evil98rt:[/i]

Dakrt7 said:
I had the 360intake, JBA Headers and BFG Drag Radials when i ran the 15.5 when i was totaly stock i ran 15.78.
u need exhaust/downpipes to go with the headers.

what was your 60ft?

360 intake aint that great IMO, metal holds in heat too much. what elevation, temp, humidity?

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Best 60" was 2.4 on motor and the temp was about 90 and it was real humid. I wanna get the K&N intake but dont have the $ right now.

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Dakrt7 said:
Best 60" was 2.4 on motor and the temp was about 90 and it was real humid. I wanna get the K&N intake but dont have the $ right now.
wow... 2.4 with drag radials??! how big are the drag radials... they should hook better than that. how u launchin?

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

That was on stock tires. Best 60" with the BFG's 275/45/17 2.1 with nitrous.

257 rwhp/327 rwtq
292 rwhp/419 rwtq with 100 shot before headers/no cat
Why dont the numbers add up? Do the #'s ever add up right? I got 75hp and 140lbs from my 100 shot but since the dyno i got the heater and purge maybe that will bring it up a bit.

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Evil98rt

Dakrt7 said:
That was on stock tires. Best 60" with the BFG's 275/45/17 2.1 with nitrous.

257 rwhp/327 rwtq
292 rwhp/419 rwtq with 100 shot before headers/no cat
Why dont the numbers add up? Do the #'s ever add up right? I got 75hp and 140lbs from my 100 shot but since the dyno i got the heater and purge maybe that will bring it up a bit.
the 257 rwhp/327 rwtq is after headers/no cat. the 292/419 are before.

before headers/no cat I was at 230 rwhp, 282 rwtq.

My truck is actually fubar, it wont even spin the tires unless I launch from like 1200rpms

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

How much power did you get from the M-1? Im planing on getting one in about a month and are they hard to install planing on doing it with friends help. This guy i know has a used one that he took off his dad's R/T. Better to buy used or new?

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Evil98rt:[/i]

Dakrt7 said:
How much power did you get from the M-1? Im planing on getting one in about a month and are they hard to install planing on doing it with friedns help. This guy i know has a used one that he took off his dad's R/T. Better to buy used or new?
dont think new or used really matters.

truck is a lot more fun to drive, TONS more mid range, a lot more top end, and u lose a lil down low.

it wasn't THAT bad to install, but buy the install kit, and make sure u find GOOD instructions.

does ur friend now how to wrench?

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The guy im gonna get to help knows all kinds of stuff about cars. Everyone says a lot of lowend but maybe the nitrous will make up for it. The guy that has the M-1 also has a 52mm tb so im gonna buy that too only 100 buck for it and the m-1 is 150. Oh what exactly is the "Turtle".

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Dakrt7 said:
The guy im gonna get to help knows all kinds of stuff about cars. Everyone says a lot of lowend but maybe the nitrous will make up for it. The guy that has the M-1 also has a 52mm tb so im gonna buy that too only 100 buck for it and the m-1 is 150.
what kinda 52mm tb?

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

What exactly does the "Turtle"do? 100 and i give him my stock one..

·
Administrator
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Dakrt7 said:
What exactly does the "Turtle"do? 100 and i give him my stock one.
Thats still a good deal.

turtle is a lil piece of metal shaped like a pyramid, it stops air from HITTIn the base of the m-1, and slowing down. it hits the pyramid which keeps the air flowin, and helps make back up some of the lost low end.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts